330 CI Sport, circa 02/03

Soldato
OP
Old man. :o :p

Still keen on a 330ci sport, but I'll give it some proper thought once the Integra goes. No point actively looking around untill present car has turned into hard cash. Waiting game, but I've got plenty of time so no panic.

Soldato
merlin said:
Motorway use is ok - but in moderation. Zero sound proofing.

I have even less soundproofing and that soft top really doesn't help either.
My solution : turn up the stereo.

I changed back to the standard exhaust last week in an attempt to quieten things down. Bored of it now so tonight I'm swapping back and just turning the stereo up.

Soldato
OP
hilly said:
Precisely !! I'm gutted Merlin... you definately are getting old !! :(

Probably. I was 35 last month. Maybe the barstids put something in my birthday cake?

And now I'm looking at BMW's. :eek: It's gotta be drugs I tell ya. :D

Soldato
PMKeates said:
That's what I bought mine with, and I was only 19!

There is something about people being massively surprised by what you drive/ride.
When I take my lid of and look a very youthfull 20 year old getting off an R6 people are just like WTF! (or if police they ask loads of questions until they realise its not stolen and it is insured, and no it dosent have to be restricted officer!)
your insurance must cost a fortune though!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oakesy2001uk said:
There is something about people being massively surprised by what you drive/ride.
When I take my lid of and look a very youthfull 20 year old getting off an R6 people are just like WTF! (or if police they ask loads of questions until they realise its not stolen and it is insured, and no it dosent have to be restricted officer)!

For reasons i cannot explain, I love this, it feels cool :(

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
For reasons i cannot explain, I love this, it feels cool :(

certainly does. Even better when my mate who is 21, gets the RS6 or Ferrari 550 or any of the other cars he currently has at his jointly owened garage out for a spin, priceless.
Can't explain it, but I do love it! I work hard for my bike though as he does for his garage and we deserve the attention IMO! :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Gives you such a big grin but it's such a snobbish way to think :(

I can understand why, I mean being able to drive a car that people traditionally can only afford when they are quite a bit older is an achievement. Many older people aspire to own such cars/bikes yet can only dream about them.

Personally I think you are really an old man in a young lads body and secretly sit at home in front of your computer with a tartan rug over your knees and wear slippers and smoke a pipe. It explains why you like old mans cars, although I agree with your obsession with M5s :D

Soldato
What's wrong with slippers?

Ph34r these beasts!

slipper.jpg

Oh yes

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
merlin said:
Ben - you've seen Ade's 530i sport - it goes ok and does like the corners. I'm thinking a 330 Ci is going to be a bit quicker on the straights and probably a bit better to throw around the corners. Shouldn't be that much of a step down, I hope.

Yeah I totally agree mate, they are awesome cars. But I thought I'd never see the day that you would be in an Autobahnstormer.

9000 rpm+ > Germanic 'quality'

:(

Soldato
OP
DreXeL said:
9000 rpm+ > Germanic 'quality'

Yes I put performance ahead of so called quality too. Up untill the point where I need to travel from Birmingham to South East London twice a week.

I put the car on autotrader now, can't link to it because of forum rules but if you boys can find it (£14-£15k) - check out my message to canvassers and agents :D

Soldato
merlin said:
Yes I put performance ahead of so called quality too. Up untill the point where I need to travel from Birmingham to South East London twice a week.

I put the car on autotrader now, can't link to it because of forum rules but if you boys can find it (£14-£15k) - check out my message to canvassers and agents :D

Found it, Nice... what does FO mean? farly onnoying? :D you do realise you will still get plagued by them! I'm still getting it now, I sold the car I advertised abot 4 months ago! :mad:

Soldato
merlin said:
I'm sure people seriously looking to buy the car will understand but the ad is a little confusing to the casual observer (aka nosey git) like me. The title says that its a 1.8 you then go on to say its a 2.0. I'm sure theres a good reason for it though.

Hopefully you won't have to deal with too many time wasters.

Soldato
OP
Autotrader doesn't list the 2.0 DC5, so they go in as a 1.8 and you have to highlight the correct engine size.

Or get them to do it manually, which I can't be bothered with tbh.

Back
Top Bottom