330 CI Sport, circa 02/03

Soldato
OP
Can't say I'm happy about selling it myself but slapping big mileage on this car just aint the done thing. It'll depreciate faster than an Alpha Romeo.

BMW's on the other hand - people just dont seem to give two hoots about mileage. This is the main reason why I'm thinking it's got to be BMW. Other than German cars - what else is there that will still sell with big mileage?

I actually plan to buy one with low mileage to soak up the miles I'll be doing in it.

I can't keep it AND buy a newish barge for work - as said - the work car has got to be presentable because of turning up to see clients etc. Some of my clients would literally wet themselves laughing if I turned up in a £4,000 barge. :/

What's really irritating me is the lack of straight line speed on the 330's. I know they handle beautifully, and they're screwed together nicely, but they aint exactly rockets between 60mph and 100mph & that's the fun zone afaic.

Ben - you've seen Ade's 530i sport - it goes ok and does like the corners. I'm thinking a 330 Ci is going to be a bit quicker on the straights and probably a bit better to throw around the corners. Shouldn't be that much of a step down, I hope.

Looks like the Toda cams are sold already. Stand to make £100 profit on those because I bought them off a guy who clearly had no idea what they were worth :D

Soldato
merlin said:
What's really irritating me is the lack of straight line speed on the 330's. I know they handle beautifully, and they're screwed together nicely, but they aint exactly rockets between 60mph and 100mph & that's the fun zone afaic.

You should really give the 330d a consideration as this is where I feel it is at its strongest. A remapped one particularly so.

Soldato
merlin said:
Not totally, but I really dont like Diesel cars, just not very involving. Can't see me getting on with one but stranger things have happened.
Give one a go, and remember that a chipped one will show noticable improvement :)

Soldato
how much does an old 530d go for?

They look nice (well the same as any other 5 series), they'll treck up and down the road all day AND if you get a cheep one you can keep the teg for the weekends :D

win win situation.

I think that any car cruisy enough to do 30K a year in will be horribly compromised as a 'fun' car. 15K from the teg + a bit of cash is more than enough case to get a weekend car AND a motorway luxo barge :D

just my 2p (again)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom