[360] Condemned £17.99

Soldato
Eliot said:
never played thief deadly shadows?

Yea i have, really enjoyed it too - a few spooky moments granted, but generally ok :) great atmosphere.

System Shock though... i just didnt want to proceed (i was a lot younger aswell)

Soldato
McDaniel said:
I am baffled to why it was so liked, it was the hardest game i had to play, not due to being difficult, just not good :(

I thoroughly enjoyed it. With the emphasis on melee and not guns if offers something different and with the lights down low, on a big TV with 5.1 is has some genuinely scary moments.

A bargain for £17.99 imo.

Soldato
i think it more of an adult game, some people just want big explosions, and wham bam all the time, and of course it was slow paced, it was a kind of thriller, a very well paced, physcological game ;)

Soldato
I loved the game and completed it, although I didn't quite get all achievements. It was a very tense and atmospheric game but not really scary as such. I might pick it up again at that price because it's definitely worth it, I paid 49.99 for it when it was released!

Soldato
I played thru the entire game, took a couple of months for me.

I gonna be honest and say that playing Perfect Dark 0 with my friends constantly online slowed the progress a tad.

The game is awesome, but I felt I could only go thru pretty slowly, a few chapters a time. But it really is awesome, especially about 1/3rd of the way thru onwards.

Soldato
Along with Tomb Raider : Legend, Condemned was the most enjoyable game i've played on the 360.

Its not strictly speaking a FPS and the fact that its really melee based rather than gun based (there are guns but are of fairly limited use in my opinion), its not going to be all that fast a game. Also given that a fair bit of the game is to do with discovery of clues and the use of the forensic tools, your not going to be flying about at speed all the time. If i also recall correctly, you actually walked everywhere but could sprint for short distances and that may account for some people feeling that the game was a bit slow especially when you are used to running full tilt all the time in most FPS. As for it being linear and predictable, it wasnt any more so than 90% of the stuff that comes out now days and that doesnt really stop a lot of those games being enjoyable. I'd also say that a number of the set pieces in the game were anything but predictable even if some of the main story was.

Its got oodles of atmosphere, looks great and has a fairly involving storyline. If you go into it expecting a FPS like F.E.A.R or Quake IV etc you will be disappointed, but thats not what it was meant to be. For £17.99 you really cant go wrong with it.

Last edited:
Associate
My copy arrived this morning, which seems quite fast for that site.

I'm home this evening and I think it will be better to wait until it's dark before I play. Looking forward to this one.

Soldato
I was wondering whether to get this but i have got so many new games recently that i havnt completed yet.

I bought Amped 3 though! Which is ace!

I may pick condemned up on pc though.

Associate
Well I have been playing this for the past few hours and I dont think it is *that* bad of a game. It is pretty slow and imho not very scary, I probably jumped twice upto yet.

It isnt bad for £17 but I definatley wouldnt of been happy if I had paid £39.99 or more for it.

Oh and I am on chapter 4 and be carefull of people with Shotguns and Fire axes. They kick your ass!

Back
Top Bottom