[360] Guided tour of spring update - update now due 6/06/06

Soldato
No it isnt (you can only have different pictures on different blades using ready made themes) and thats a feature that could be done easily as well!

Maybe there is some stuff for M$ to work on ;)

Permabanned
One thing that would also be cool is if they created a log page in the 360 dashboard which outlined all the things that have been changed with each update, similar to what Steam does.

Caporegime
Unconditional said:
Surely it can't be long before it's released?

It looks like it's working fine in that video so surely all that can be left is some final testing before it's released?

I'd rather they didnt rush it, no hurry. Last thing I want is something buggy loaded on in a hurry.

Permabanned
I too would like to see notifications of achievements aquired by my friends, but would like it only to be like "Nokkon just completed Tomb Raider" or "White Roser just ranked in the top 100 on PGR3" that sorta thing "McDan1el just hit 10k gamerscore" etc

But of course not "VIRII UK just collected his first worm" or something*

*all characters and their names and descriptions are fictional. Any similarities to real life persons or online avtars is purely coincidental

also maybe an option to have new messages scroll marquee stylee across the bottom of the screen, or play during a loading screen.

Caporegime
Interesting to note that you will now have two gamer pics - one for everyone to see and a "secret" one for the people on your friends list. That way you won't be able to display your prize knobshot all over the web as someone is bound to do.

Associate
see the bit where he went into the ''take picture'' option,, will you be able to attatch any USB camera to do this or will it only accept the 360 camera??

Soldato
He said something like "he thought it was odd they would do it, as it may mean that someone will hack it so any USB camera could work"... so nope.. you do need a MS one I think.

Associate
Dark_Angel said:
He said something like "he thought it was odd they would do it, as it may mean that someone will hack it so any USB camera could work"... so nope.. you do need a MS one I think.

I heard the 360 camera is not being released till chrismas time so looks like another long wait :(

Soldato
News from this weeks Major Nelson podcast is that he dont know when the updates gonna be out but "should" have some info on it Today.

I can only imagine how much flack the poor blokes had off rabid 360 fanboys bugging him about when the updates gonna be out! He said he's had loads of messages on live and loads of emails about it!! He's not even involved with the update but he's kinda become the voice of Xbox 360 so people think he's some kind of oracle!

I think it shows why some companies are so coy about release dates its because if they even give a tiny hint on release dates then people come down on them like a ton of bricks when it dont appear.

Last edited:
Soldato
i bet its to do with the recent working firmware hack, seeing that this is the latest update that everyone wants until winter i reckon MS is quickly trying to see if they can add something to deter more people using the hack or establishing if the hack is being used by monitoring purposes so something can be done later on the next update

Associate
McManicMan said:
i bet its to do with the recent working firmware hack, seeing that this is the latest update that everyone wants until winter i reckon MS is quickly trying to see if they can add something to deter more people using the hack or establishing if the hack is being used by monitoring purposes so something can be done later on the next update

Yeah I was reading about that, people with sammy drive 360's can flash to accept copied games, Microsoft say they can detect the hacked machines and will permaban those who do,,but was wondering how true this is,, I think your right and they are working on some kind of hack detection tool..

Soldato
Hot off the press from Major Nelson

The dashboard update will be released this morning (Tuesday) from 10:00am GMT :D

also says it wont happen for everyone straight away and may take up to 4 hours so dont worry if it aint available at 10.

Soldato
Psycho Ned said:
Hot off the press from Major Nelson

The dashboard update will be released this morning (Tuesday) from 10:00am GMT :D

also says it wont happen for everyone straight away and may take up to 4 hours so dont worry if it aint available at 10.

Wahoo finally :D

Back
Top Bottom