• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3900x - Minimum frame rates lower than 5 year old Intel CPU?

Caporegime
OP
Make sure your running RDRII in directx 12 rather then Vulkan which isn't in a good state at the moment.

Still the same under DX12 - slightly worse actually.

Minimum 4.7 FPS, and I ran it twice to check

What are other people getting on the benchmark minimum?

As for the game, I have not noticed any huge dips and it's certainly very playable.

I just wanted to try and correct a minor niggling issue on my PC .

Man of Honour
I'm benchmarking at 4k/ultra so I'm not getting near the 150fps frame cap.

You say that, but in your own OP spoilers it clearly states you have framerates over 150fps.

My advice would be to run a bunch of benchmarks on different games/apps. RDR2 is brand new and there are numerous reports online around erratic stuttering performance. Maybe try RDR2 again next year when it's had a couple of patches. Also I find that in game benchmarks are often fickle with min fps, some of them introduce hitching on scene change etc meaning that if you run the same benchmark 10 times with the same settings you end up with inconsistent results (sometimes getting very very low min fps into say single digits but other times getting several times higher).

Caporegime
OP
Nope, only installed the latest AMD chipset drivers and Intel Bluetooth driver - The version was newer on AMD's own site than the Gigabyte site.

Last edited:
Associate
im not sure if anybody is interested but i did a full format last week, installed the latest bios from MSI and downloaded the 1usmus custom powerplan that i seen on the techpowerup site.

Multithread score in Cinebench R20 seems around the same but i gained more on the single core, going from a score of around 506 to 518. The link is below for anybody who is interested.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-zen-2-processors/

Associate
Caporegime
They got rid of alpha and beta testing. Moral of the story these days with games is - dont buy it on release as you'll be charged full whack for summat that isn't finished.
Just remember that the complexity modern software is orders of magnitude greater than the software of ye olden days :)

And heck I remember plenty of bugs in the 90s :p

Man of Honour
Just remember that the complexity modern software is orders of magnitude greater than the software of ye olden days :)

I don't have much sympathy in this case as so many games drag on with bugs that really shouldn't have been an issue in the first place and/or would only take 1-2 experienced developers a single afternoon to fix yet they never seem to go back give it that last little polish pass, etc.

Soldato

I agree, but the new call of duty has blown me away.

We've had loads of updates and patches, but in general the game has worked ootb.

Back
Top Bottom