3930k COOLING LOOP

Soldato
OP
Sorry was just going by the strengthening plate the non LT has, looks great either way.

NP's mate :)

Can't make my mind up between the Heatkillers and the EK line now.

As the new EK look is very nice,
plus the back plate seems to offer extra cooling for the memory on the back of the card

Caporegime
Can't find anything to confirm this :confused:

I would imagine it would but would rather confirmation. After hearing Optima's problem with oxidising, I may opt for the EK blocks regardless. I like the look of the black without the circles and will probably go with those next month or so. Deffo going to point mine under water, purely because I intend to keep the Titans for a couple of years.

I am hearing of no real improvements in benching but I would like the added quiet. I am seriously hating my case (same as yours), it feels very plasticy and I end up having to clout it now and then to stop the vibrating rattling sounds.

Soldato
OP
Correct, its a great case if you don't have to touch it too much .:rolleyes:

I'm with you on the blocks now, going with EK

Defo a new case - probably the 900D :D

Not too bothered about the benching, just want a whisper quiet Rig

Last edited:
Soldato
If looking around 900D pricing for a case, I URGE you to go look at the LD-PC-V8, yes it costs a little more but its just a stunning bit of kit, you'll probably never buy another case.

As for blocks, its a tough one, inverted motherboard tray with some nickel-plexi EK blocks will look incredible though ;)

Soldato
OP
If looking around 900D pricing for a case, I URGE you to go look at the LD-PC-V8, yes it costs a little more but its just a stunning bit of kit, you'll probably never buy another case.

As for blocks, its a tough one, inverted motherboard tray with some nickel-plexi EK blocks will look incredible though ;)

I looked at that last year - it has shot up in price :eek:

Also not too keen on the screw fastenings for access and side panels

But I've seen the 900D close up and its impressive

Last edited:
Soldato
Not much tbh, most prefer serial though. It also depends on the blocks you intend to use too, iirc my Aquacomputer block instructions state they are only to be used in serial due to them being slightly restrictive.

If EK it won't matter either way as they are extremely high flow in comparison to anything else on the market.

Edit: Actual differences is down to the flow path, with serial the fluid is forced through one block at a time, with parallel it flows through both blocks at the same time.

Last edited:
Associate
Have a read of:

Serial and parallel loops in general

I think as a general rule if you have a strong pump or multiple pumps then serial is better as the pumps get over the loss in total flow, if you have a weaker pump then parallel can help keep system flow but with reduced flow per component.

I have a D5 in my 670 Tri SLi with EK blocks in serial and flow is pretty good

Soldato
OP
Not much tbh, most prefer serial though. It also depends on the blocks you intend to use too, iirc my Aquacomputer block instructions state they are only to be used in serial due to them being slightly restrictive.

If EK it won't matter either way as they are extremely high flow in comparison to anything else on the market.

Edit: Actual differences is down to the flow path, with serial the fluid is forced through one block at a time, with parallel it flows through both blocks at the same time.

Have a read of:

Serial and parallel loops in general

I think as a general rule if you have a strong pump or multiple pumps then serial is better as the pumps get over the loss in total flow, if you have a weaker pump then parallel can help keep system flow but with reduced flow per component.

I have a D5 in my 670 Tri SLi with EK blocks in serial and flow is pretty good

Cheers,

As I'm doing trisli with EK blocks either or is ok.

That's good as only parallel is available at the mo, unless I wait for the XXL Titan blocks :)

Soldato
Correct, but they are about 4-6 weeks away :(

And the heat these put out, :eek:

I don't know if I could wait that long

Then again the 900 is about that time frame b4 release

They will look nice though, the EK block I had on my Lightning was full PCB cover, just looked epic, was literally FULL cover :D

100% jumping in for a 900D then?

Soldato
OP
Yep, 900 it is - saw it again yesterday @ the iseries :)

Seen 8packs build close up and saw how much rad space there is :D

Its also very spacious so should be very easy to work with/in.

So decision taken, it is my next case - plus it will fit under my table, just :)

I do like the look of the XXL blocks so will wait till then (just hope it stays cold for a while longer):D otherwise I'll melt away

Back
Top Bottom