3950x 3080 64gb ram crosshair formula viii

Soldato
This is my PC and has now started blue screening when playing a few hours of 7 Days to Die.

My temps have not once gone above 65, I have a thermaltake p3 case so it's open and the CPU is watercooled. The 3080 fans weren't spinning constantly(never have) so I installed MSI afterburner to have the fans on from 35 onwards and I have taken it apart and cleaned but it still bsod's after about 3/4 hours.

What would you try next?

Thanks in advance.

Probably wrong.
Things I would do:

1) A BIOS update. Sometimes a bug gets out of hand and can start to cause issues, voltage bugs are often the deadliest bug, just ask Intel owners.

Use TestMem5 with the ANTA777 extreme test profile which is one of the best memory test applications out there.

Make sure that your CPU socket is mounted with the correct tension- often this can cause some pins to not make proper contact with the CPU/Motherboard in the case of AM4 and you get weird behaviour like fan RPMs being outrageously high.

Check for corrosion on the motherboard , especially if you have a watercooled setup and it leaked at one time.

Test with other RAM. It happens and sometimes you just need a known working part to test with.

Try a known good working PSU - if the voltage regulation has gone, it will cause issues.

What does event viewer say at the time of the crash?
I can't look at the event log at the time of the crash because I have over 46,000 errors from "NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly" a quick suggest I delete GeForce so I have and ran testmem5 with no errors, going to test the gpu with 3dmark now.

Thanks for the help so far chaps

I can't look at the event log at the time of the crash because I have over 46,000 errors from "NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly" a quick suggest I delete GeForce so I have and ran testmem5 with no errors, going to test the gpu with 3dmark now.

Just look for critical errors. The ones with the red cross. You can filter it.

Last edited:

Rather use Furmark to test the GPU.

What errors are you getting that indicate that the PSU is the issue?

Edit: also check your Windows OS update history and see if there were any updates applied around the time the BSOD started.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom