3950x 3080 64gb ram crosshair formula viii

I can't test anything no more as it refuses to boot, I have tried unplugging everything and the one ram stick trick, I have tried resetting the cmos and then the bios when that didn't work, it has been draining, I think I will have to buy a new motherboard and go from there.

I appreciate all the suggestions people.

I can't test anything no more as it refuses to boot, I have tried unplugging everything and the one ram stick trick, I have tried resetting the cmos and then the bios when that didn't work, it has been draining, I think I will have to buy a new motherboard and go from there.

I appreciate all the suggestions people.
Something died by the sounds of it.

Any BOOT code LEDs on the motherboard?

Might indicate RAM or CPU or GPU or something

Yeah, there’s a QLED BOOT indicator that will tell you where the issue is.

Go look at the manual but it’s next to the 24 PIN where the PSU plugs into the motherboard.

VGA is white
CPU is red
DRAM is yellow

Unfortunately that is not a helpful error. It just means it crashed and does not really know why. I had that error too which was caused by the BIOS. Not sure if have yet, but maybe try a BIOS update.
I have downloaded 2 different bios files due to not having the same nvme options on the latest one, which I will update after I have dug out my gtx 670.

Was hoping it was a cheap ram replacement or PSU but now it seems like I'll need to replace my 3080.... Nuts.

Code 07 post error with the gtx 670, I've tried the ram in every slot possible, resat the cpu but when the keyboard is connected to no matter what USB I get code B4 so I'm now thinking it's a mobo issue.

Just a thought but I wonder if you have a dead insect or some corrosion causing a short? Take the motherboard out and give it a good visual inspection and try it outside the case.

Just a thought but I wonder if you have a dead insect or some corrosion causing a short? Take the motherboard out and give it a good visual inspection and try it outside the case.
Good idea ^

Could also be dust causing an issue.

use a can of compressed air or a leaf blower (some people say that you shouldn’t use a leaf blower because it’ll generate static electricity and could kill the computer parts but I’ve never had that happen to me and I think it should be fine)

So I took it all apart(for the 13th time) inspected it but found no dust or dirt but put it back together as it was originally but with the gtx 670 and it let me install a new windows set up, tried the 3080 but no joy so it is my worst(most expensive) fears.

Glad I have it up and running again though, thank you all so much.

So I took it all apart(for the 13th time) inspected it but found no dust or dirt but put it back together as it was originally but with the gtx 670 and it let me install a new windows set up, tried the 3080 but no joy so it is my worst(most expensive) fears.

Sorry.

RIP 3080.

Press F to pay respects.

What brand 3080 and any warranty left on it?

What power cable have you got for the 3080? Wondering if that is faulty.

Last edited:
Zotac, no warranty as it was bought from the b grade section here, the power cable works fine with the 680.
Message the OC team and see if you can have it repaired by Zotac.

Might cost you a fee but it’ll probably be cheaper than buying a whole new card.

I know that Gigabyte offers repairs on some of their products so hopefully Zotac does too.

Back
Top Bottom