• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3D Mark announces Steel Nomad benchmark, replaces Timespy

Soldato
I can't see a sign in option in the app? I can sign into the website OK and see the result as validated. In both the "options" on the website (and app) both say hide result is "no". I've deleted it, but it won't let me re-upload it. What a ball ache this is. I give up for now.
Seems to be cocked up at the moment, currently can’t see results of any Steel Nomad runs in the leaderboard mode. They must be up to something.

Caporegime
XTX Nitro with a 3000 core clock and 2720 mem clock and a 24/7 UV of 1130 for stability(down from 1150);

And this is the same settings using a -10PL (my 24/7 settings, rock solid)

Using Vulkan but it only adds about 20 more points to the score.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heavily overclocked 4090 or GTFO! :p
I'd be happy to see a video of someone running it with a 4090. With the AMD Adrenaline software its easy to record the desktop, you just press CTRL SHIFT E at anytime to start and stop a recording.

It produces a .mp4 file in your Videos > Radeon ReLive folder which can be uploaded directly to YouTube.

I have no idea if the nvidia drivers have the same capabilities.

Soldato
I was pleasantly surprised by the Steel Nomad benchmark, I thought it would make my graphics card look like ***** but I get 64.85 FPS so above 60 and it runs smooth. No need to upgrade until I can get at least 13000 points or 130 FPS.

May even wait until I can get 20000 points or 200 FPS at a decent price. The 4090 isn’t a significant enough upgrade to be worthwhile otherwise I would have bought one to begin with. I couldn’t stomach paying that sort of money though.

My 7900 XTX is the most expensive card I’ve ever had.

Soldato
Can you try this for free? TimeSpy used to have a free mode, but it seems to longer be available to new users.
It’s supposed to be available for free but when I tried installing the demo version on release night it wouldn’t work. The developers were aware of this and I presume are going to fix it if they haven’t already.

I ended up buying 3D Mark Advanced edition for £7.37 on steam which then allowed me to run the benchmark.

Soldato
It’s supposed to be available for free but when I tried installing the demo version on release night it wouldn’t work. The developers were aware of this and I presume are going to fix it if they haven’t already.

I ended up buying 3D Mark Advanced edition for £7.37 on steam which then allowed me to run the benchmark.

It doesn't work for me, I get an error about no licenses, that's the same message my friends got when they tried to get TimeSpy too.

Soldato
It doesn't work for me, I get an error about no licenses, that's the same message my friends got when they tried to get TimeSpy too.
Yeah that’s the error I got, the developers were aware of this problem. It is due to be fixed but if you buy 3D Mark Advanced edition which is on special offer for £7.37 for a limited time then it will work.

Associate
7800xt / r5600 - these are the best scores I've managed running +15 / 3000+mhz / 2600 mem fast timings & voltage about 1030. I imagine the scores would improve if the rest of my system was up to snuff / tweaked more (lower voltage either causes regression or crashes).

DX12

Vulkan

Back
Top Bottom