3DS outsells all sony devices combined...

Soldato
Vita's nice and all but what does it really offer over something like my Galaxy S II? Not a whole lot. This is reflected in the sales. It's so bland and milquetoast, the 3DS at least has a few things going for it.

Man of Honour
Vita's nice and all but what does it really offer over something like my Galaxy S II? Not a whole lot. This is reflected in the sales. It's so bland and milquetoast, the 3DS at least has a few things going for it.

My SII is only used on the crapper or waiting for a train etc. The games on it are complete arse. Angry Birds, where's my water, ShadowGun and cut the rope are nothing compared to my Vita games.

The only real gaming my phone does is N64/SNES emulation with a PS3 controller.

Soldato
My SII is only used on the ****per or waiting for a train etc. The games on it are complete arse. Angry Birds, where's my water, ShadowGun and cut the rope are nothing compared to my Vita games.

The only real gaming my phone does is N64/SNES emulation with a PS3 controller.

N64 emulator on a phone would be nice.

Soldato
Vita's nice and all but what does it really offer over something like my Galaxy S II? Not a whole lot.

Depends what sort of gaming you want I guess. The Vita clearly isn't geared towards the mobile phone games market, it's going for the people who want a PS3 experience on the go. I have an S2 and it's a fantastic phone, but it isn't a proper gaming device.

Soldato
I'd like a Vita, just waiting for a few more games for it. At the moment all I want on on it is uncharted and resistance when it comes out. Would pick one up a lot sooner if a bundle of console, game and memory card came out for around £200.

3DS, Nintendo won't get me again with first revision. Holding out until they release the 2nd revision of it, hopefully with two sticks, rather than one + an add on.

Soldato
If I wanted a proper gaming experience that's what my consoles are for. As for the GS2 not having proper games, that's a load of balls. Games like Battleheart, Dead Space, DH3, GTA3 and Fruit Ninja can go toe to toe with the best of the abysmal Vita lineup.

Permabanned
Its stupid releasing handheld devices in the economy still, countries are still in a recession, only the die hard people will buy a handheld device, Ipad sales boomed because it offer's something more than just gaming, consoles should sell well due to staleness of the old tech.

Soldato
If I wanted a proper gaming experience that's what my consoles are for.

Whereas the Vita is for people who want that experience on the go, as I've already said.

As for the GS2 not having proper games, that's a load of balls. Games like Battleheart, Dead Space, DH3, GTA3 and Fruit Ninja can go toe to toe with the best of the abysmal Vita lineup.

I didn't say it didn't have proper games (although it's arguable whether a 10-year old GTA and a cut-down phone version of Dead Space actually qualify these days), but it's nowhere near the quality I've seen of say, Uncharted Golden Abyss, not to mention the rather obvious issue with controls.

Don't get me wrong, I have a GS2 as well as several games you've mentioned and it's impressive that those sorts of games are available for a phone. But that's all it is, a phone.

In any case, the 3DS has had the advantage of time and hindsight at this point compared to the Vita, its situation wasn't any better at launch or for several months after until the price cuts happened and the games started coming.

Associate
Retro is where it's at folks. Most people just want a quick blast of Space Invaders.
PS Vita is a nice portable handheld from a technical standpoint, but all that power is of no use to the majority who actually do not want to have a similar gameplay experience to the PS3 whilst they are on a train or in the back of car travelling. People just want a pick up and play experience to keep them entertained for 20 minutes or so (Angry Birds, Paper Toss etc are ideal).

Then when you factor in the cost of Vita games, especially in these economic times..... well need I go on?

Soldato
Its stupid releasing handheld devices in the economy still, countries are still in a recession, only the die hard people will buy a handheld device

My mum isnt a die hard fan. That statement is very wrong, games like brain-training made the handheld devices appeal to more than hardcore gamers.

As for those games mentioned before on Galaxy 2. If you're happy with those games, great knives. but i'd say they're far from on par with anything on Vita. Just so you know I'm using a Nexus and the games are fine, Had Resident evil 4 running after some messing around. But it's hardly the same as a dedicated device

Soldato
My mum isnt a die hard fan. That statement is very wrong, games like brain-training made the handheld devices appeal to more than hardcore gamers.

While they did, as my Mum too has a DS, I think that bubble has long burst. It's similar to the situation with the Wii where loads of first time gamers bought them. People don't play them much if at all now though, so trying to sell the same people a Wii-U or 3DS is difficult because they are over the fun with that experience.

The 3DS is popular with kids, I'd even add that I've yet to see an adult playing one on the Tube, yet there are dozens playing on phones and tablets.

Associate
PS Vita is a nice portable handheld from a technical standpoint, but all that power is of no use to the majority who actually do not want to have a similar gameplay experience to the PS3 whilst they are on a train or in the back of car travelling. People just want a pick up and play experience to keep them entertained for 20 minutes or so (Angry Birds, Paper Toss etc are ideal).

Then when you factor in the cost of Vita games, especially in these economic times..... well need I go on?
this.....

Permabanned
While they did, as my Mum too has a DS, I think that bubble has long burst. It's similar to the situation with the Wii where loads of first time gamers bought them. People don't play them much if at all now though, so trying to sell the same people a Wii-U or 3DS is difficult because they are over the fun with that experience.

The 3DS is popular with kids, I'd even add that I've yet to see an adult playing one on the Tube, yet there are dozens playing on phones and tablets.

Yup my dad had a Ipod touch and bought Tiger Woods golf and a few other games, very rare they will keep playing and continue to support the revenue stream

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I think the innovations that Nintendo put forward with the wii and ds are now less of a draw agreed, and have been exploited by sony and ms also.

Caporegime
Complex games on mobile phones play like absolute ****. I have GTA3 on both my Galaxy S2 and my iPad 2 and while it's fantastic that it will actually run flawlessly on both of those pieces of hardware virtual buttons are not a good way of controlling a game. Mobile phones are fine for people who only want to kill a couple of minutes while waiting for a bus or whatever, but as soon as you want to play something that involves more than simple stabbing or swiping the mobile phone falls down as a gaming platform.

Grand Theft Auto III plays like a nightmare, give me two analogue sticks and some buttons any day of the week please.

Back
Top Bottom