• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4090 price going up?

Sounds good so long as you’re happy for them to farm your browsing activities and emails.

… sorry, but I could help but make this comment after your mentioning of ‘shady business practices’ :p

I see the funny side of it :D

I only use chrome for such use cases though, I don't have any personal data on it ;)

Last edited:
I recently was pressured into buying a 4090fe by @Jay85...

I got one now because of the looming AI gpu shortage and the fact that 50 series won't likely drop until 2025 with a potentially massive price hike again. I was initially torn between a 4080 and 7900 xtx but by the time I considered a liquid devil it really wasn't that much of a leap to the 4090. Yeah it's expensive but it's been a huge upgrade over my 3080ti
Fancy donating me a GPU? My 1030 is creaking @4k with its measley 2gb ram :(

Fancy donating me a GPU? My 1030 is creaking @4k with its measley 2gb ram :(

I'll go fetch the £500 I dropped down the couch last month,cheers :p

Wouldn't go that far, XTX keeps up with it in a variety of games inc brand new UE5 titles. The 4090 was just built to be what it is, an absolute monster!
With ray tracing?

Anyways an XTX is in the vast majority of games, between 30% and 96% slower than a 4090 at any given resolution. Seems the only exceptions are Returnal and CoD Modern Warfare which sit closer to 2% and 20% margins of average fps. CoD is an AMD favoured engine anyway though.

That's 8 months old so doesn't have the current latest games, but the differential today remains the same.

As for UE5 comparisons, it's pretty clear that the engine is under-utilising nvidia cards, at all times even when the GPU load is at 100% or near, the power draw is around the 350 watts mark on a 4090, whilst the XTX is well over 400 watts closer to 460 watts:

So as there is an obvious issue with the engine n that area (among many other UE5 issues), it's not a fair comparison to make given a technical engine issue is being seen here. if r when Epic fix that, the 4090 will pull ahead like in most other engines that aren't powering CoD.

Last edited:
So how aboot a wee graphics card like eh? Ahl make it up to ye. Just a wee wan,just to get me by. Um gid fur it. 980gtx will cover it ah reckon. Cheers boys. ****** belters the lot ah ye

Back
Top Bottom