• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4090 price going up?

38% of Nvidia's Q2 revenue came from just 2 companies and those companies like many of the big tech are developing their own AI hardware so it won't be long before it all comes crashing down for Nvidia.

Don't think management care. There is always a disconnect between management and investors in business because management make money by increasing profit at any cost even if it means lower future returns for share holders. So to Jensen he probably makes more money for himself now when he goes all in on AI because it ensures record profits for Nvidia until at least 2025 and even if it's downhill from there and they crash in half he would have made his money so he doesn't care

Last edited:
Do you want a laugh? Do you want to spit your coffee out all over your monitor? I bought a 3080Ti 12Gb for £1400 some years ago.
Do you want a laugh I brought a Amiga CD32 and expansion box with extra ram and hard drive and keyboard why o why I never just brought a Amiga A1200 :rolleyes:

Yeh, I think the price is going to be horrendous, but with usual man-maths, I'm offsetting the £1500 I saved by not buying a 4090 this time around, against the cost of a 5090, even after being sorely tempted a few weeks ago.

So in my reality, the 5090 will only cost me a few hundred quid! :p

Good to see you are already note-taking for your 5090 mental gymnastics essay.

:D

I've listened to a few podcast recently and a few mention that the 4090 price has been rising in Asia due to supply restrictions by Nvidia. i've started to notice that a bit here over the past few weeks. a smalll but steady rise.
when is this madness going to end? is the 4090 still worth it over the 4080 if the prices keep going up.

P

You got your wish :)

Nvidia raises the MSRP in Europe by 30

This is so they can make "room" at the 1500 mark for the 4080Ti next year.

Same old Nvidia. ;)

pointless buying any 40 series card now untill the refresh arrives next year. may go for a 4080ti if the Cuda cores are not far off the 4090 and its 20GB. But its **** anyway, they make these things for $400

Last edited:
Nvidia are being consistent with matching the gbp to usd rate. Notice stuff still in stock has retained its price, they will go up as well when they refresh stock at the current rate.

Last edited:
€30 translates to £60 in the UK! :p

4090FE now at £1579, up from £1519.

Absolute joke.
Lol I was trying to buy one all week to chance my luck with coil whine one last time as enough people said it was low to none but was out of stock, guess I'm buying a 4080 now.

Back
Top Bottom