• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4090 price going up?

I’m resigned to keeping my 3080fe on 1440p dropping setting until it’s truly unenjoyable. Tbh I rarly play now, and my 11year old uses it now.

I can’t justify the expense anymore and found another hobby that’s worth more (to me) for my disposable.

Rc cars are probably more expensive though to run lol.

Got my 3080fe 10gb for rrp too. So never felt truly ripped off.

Probably updraft the whole rig when my lad hits 15/16.

Last edited:
Inflation was bound to bite soon enough. It's going to get worse, too.
Exactly, there seems to be talk that's is all going to return to "normal", I don't think it's even started to kick in yet. Rising energy costs and the the knock on inflation, people coming off fixed rates on mortgages, rent rises are going to suck up lots of disposable income as well as putting up prices. We've been told we now have to return to the office so that will be another expense to factor in. PC upgrades are well down the list of priorities.

Well I'm at peace with my last couple of major upgrades I'd say for the next few years at least. 12700KF isn't going to be outdated anytime soon for anything, DDR4 for gaming still keeps up with DDR 5 benches paired to the 4090 as well and I don't do 3dmarks so don't care about synthetic numbers.

I guess I chose those upgrades at the right time!

Last edited:
The 4090 feels like a cheat code I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a GPU and blown away by its sheer brute force.

It sounds a lot of cash when you don't own one, when you do... it makes total sense.

Maybe I'm purchase justifying though :D

This. Day one owner of 4090 strix. Blistering performance and also the quietest card I've owned. I personally love the all metal aesthetic too, puts cheap plastic competitors to shame.

Eventually the AI boom will end, people will all be broke cos bread costs a fiver and nvidia will have to sell RTX4090 for 300 quid just to get a sale. :D
38% of Nvidia's Q2 revenue came from just 2 companies and those companies like many of the big tech are developing their own AI hardware so it won't be long before it all comes crashing down for Nvidia.

Well I'm at peace with my last couple of major upgrades I'd say for the next few years at least. 12700KF isn't going to be outdated anytime soon for anything, DDR4 for gaming still keeps up with DDR 5 benches paired to the 4090 as well and I don't do 3dmarks so don't care about synthetic numbers.

I guess I chose those upgrades at the right time!

With you on the 12700K and DDR4, and the 5090 should keep me going for another two or three years after it comes out.

3080 TIFE still going strong in the meantime, it even plays CP2077 with PT and RR at 60+FPS on performance DLSS, with occasional dips into the mid fifties.

Reactions: mrk
With you on the 12700K and DDR4, and the 5090 should keep me going for another two or three years after it comes out.

3080 TIFE still going strong in the meantime, it even plays CP2077 with PT and RR at 60+FPS on performance DLSS, with occasional dips into the mid fifties.

5090 should be out about Spring 2025 according to Nvidia and I have an inkling it'll be even more expensive than the 4090, Edging ever closer to that £2000 mark, Either way though it should last you a while.

5090 should be out about Spring 2025 according to Nvidia and I have an inkling it'll be even more expensive than the 4090, Edging ever closer to that £2000 mark, Either way though it should last you a while.

Yeh, I think the price is going to be horrendous, but with usual man-maths, I'm offsetting the £1500 I saved by not buying a 4090 this time around, against the cost of a 5090, even after being sorely tempted a few weeks ago.

So in my reality, the 5090 will only cost me a few hundred quid! :p

Back
Top Bottom