** 4K GAMING 1MS 60Hz MONITOR @ SUB £500 !!!!! ** (IN STOCK NOW)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK has made a deal with Samsung to the UK Etailor partner for their 4k Monitor designed for gamers and professionals, using a TN panel with 1ms response and 60Hz over DisplayPort connection:-

Samsung U28D590 4K 60Hz 1ms Widescreen LED Monitor - Black @ £499.99 inc VAT

MO-204-SA_400.jpg

Samsung U28D590 the Main feature of novelty is the resolution 4K (3840×2160), exceeding Full HD (1920×1080) four times. Natural color reproduction with soft color transitions is achieved, in particular, by playlist 1 billion colors. Response time is 1 MS, which perfectly fit to play the game content. Also amongst the peculiarities of the availability of an updated Picture-in-Picture (PIP 2.0). With its help it is possible to reproduce a picture of a small window in the original resolution up to Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) as the main picture is reproduced in UHD. In addition, when playing content small-resolution, innovative function UHD upscale will improve the clarity and quality of the image to the maximum possible resolution of 4K (3840×2160).

The novelty provides connectivity, audio-video devices: include 2 HDMI port and one interface connector Display Port. It is worth noting that the monitor can be connected at once two PC and play back content from both devices without any loss of quality, resolution images with each PC will 1920×2160. This monitor can be easily connected Xbox or PlayStaion4 via the HDMI.

Specification:-
- Size with stand (W x H x D ) : 660.9x486.3x169.4 (mm)
- Without stand (W x H x D ): 660.9x410.0x64.7 (mm)
- Packaging (W x H x D ): 794x452x109 (mm)
- Display Screen Size: 28" (70.8cm)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Panel Type: TN
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000
- Resolution: 3840x2160
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Color Support : 1B
- Viewing Angle (H / V ): 170 ° / 160 °
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI (30Hz), 1x DisplayPort (60Hz)
- USB Hub: NO
- Speakers: NO
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Stock is Expected at somepoint in May, there is no firm ETA apart from it will be May sometimes. Were expecting this monitor to sell like hot cakes as its 28", 60Hz, 1MS and 4k resolution for under £500, so we are expecting this one to run short, as such get your orders in quick to guarantee one from the first batch we receive.

Soldato
Nice.

Wonder if will ever see affordable 24 inch 4k monitors?

Would love me some of that in Eyefinity. Of course, it would be a pain to run for a couple years yet.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5269/11/samsung-lu28d590d-review-4k-becomes-affordable-conclusion

When we then heard that these would be based on the TN technology, we were slightly disappointed. However, now that we've seen the first sample and were able to test it to our heart's content, we've adjusted our opinion: it is difficult not to be excited about the Samsung LU28D590D.

In addition, the utilized TN panel is many times better than the samples we generally find in the sub € 200 segment. Brightness, uniformity, and viewing angles are excellent, and the colour temperature and colour fidelity also are much better than what we've seen in TN panels previously.

:)

Associate
The lack of a Vesa mount spot is really disappointing. Plenty of time for others to follow i suppose. I could imagine a trio of these essentially running at 1080 for a year in games, but all that real estate in the meantime would be amazing. No vesa, no sale.

Soldato
Samsung completely ****** up with this by offering 2 effectively useless HDMI ports.

It would have cost them pence to make these HDMI 2.0 /60Hz but imo have knobbled this excellently priced / decent specc'd monitor because of this.

Soldato
Samsung completely ****** up with this by offering 2 effectively useless HDMI ports.

It would have cost them pence to make these HDMI 2.0 /60Hz but imo have knobbled this excellently priced / decent specc'd monitor because of this.

To be fair, this is a PC monitor, how many graphics cards have HDMI 2.0?
It has the right ports for the intended market

Soldato

No GPUs currently use HDMI 2.0 and may not do for several months. Everything works fine using this monitor's DP connection so it's a bit extreme to say they completely messed things up. Current uptake of this monitor speaks for itself, the number of pre-orders I've seen in the US alone is unreal.

Soldato
No GPUs currently use HDMI 2.0 and may not do for several months. Everything works fine using this monitor's DP connection so it's a bit extreme to say they completely messed things up. Current uptake of this monitor speaks for itself, the number of pre-orders I've seen in the US alone is unreal.

You are being a little blind just thinking about GPU's , monitors arent just used with computers lol

Even without that the monitor is going to be used for 2 - 3 years probably more, not just a few months

Monitors shouldnt be sold imo with only one future proof (as much as possible anyway) input

edit - Sony (and probably a few others) were already talking about HDMI 2.0 well before Christmas in regards to their new 4k tv's - that timescale just shows how far behind Samsung are in this regard

Last edited:
Soldato
You are being a little blind just thinking about GPU's , monitors arent just used with computers lol

Even without that the monitor is going to be used for 2 - 3 years probably more, not just a few months

Monitors shouldnt be sold imo with only one future proof (as much as possible anyway) input

edit - Sony (and probably a few others) were already talking about HDMI 2.0 well before Christmas in regards to their new 4k tv's - that timescale just shows how far behind Samsung are in this regard

Look at the price point of this monitor, expecting it to have every possible option is a bit unrealistic, HDMI is not royalty free and iirc there arent any decent hdmi 2.0 scalers on the open market as of yet, not with built in DP, so you are talking about adding an extra scaler/controller, which would definitely have an added cost

I'm not being blind, just realistic when looking at this particular monitors target market

If you really feel you need hdmi2.0 to support your non-existant hdmi2.0 sources, then dont buy this monitor, buy the more expensive one that comes later :D

Last edited:
Soldato

It is 'GPUs' - no need for the apostrophe. It seems I just understand the target market of this product a lot better than you. There is actually no advantage of having HDMI 2.0 implemented on this monitor, even if it were a possibility. HDMI 1.4 on this monitor can support UHD output at 30Hz (possibly 24Hz as well) whilst otherwise using the monitor to its full potential. That provides the 30fps required for any non-PC device (including '4K' video players, games consoles etc.) to output '4K' content to the monitor. You don't need a 60Hz refresh rate for anything other than PC use where the graphical and frame rate capabilities are there to match that.

And I can also tell you that this wasn't Samsung's decision - HDMI 2.0 port controllers that work with CMO's panel which the Samsung uses don't exist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh god I'm getting one! Definitively getting one but not until it's come out and there is stock available regularly so I can flog my Dell towards the price. Can't be having no monitor for too long. Will my EVGA 780s have the correct output for 60hz on this? Which cable do I need to buy?

Soldato
Oh god I'm getting one! Definitively getting one but not until it's come out and there is stock available regularly so I can flog my Dell towards the price. Can't be having no monitor for too long. Will my EVGA 780s have the correct output for 60hz on this? Which cable do I need to buy?

Displayport will be your best bet, yes the 780 does have one

Soldato
It is 'GPUs' - no need for the apostrophe. It seems I just understand the target market of this product a lot better than you. There is actually no advantage of having HDMI 2.0 implemented on this monitor, even if it were a possibility. HDMI 1.4 on this monitor can support UHD output at 30Hz (possibly 24Hz as well) whilst otherwise using the monitor to its full potential. That provides the 30fps required for any non-PC device (including '4K' video players, games consoles etc.) to output '4K' content to the monitor. You don't need a 60Hz refresh rate for anything other than PC use where the graphical and frame rate capabilities are there to match that.

And I can also tell you that this wasn't Samsung's decision - HDMI 2.0 port controllers that work with CMO's panel which the Samsung uses don't exist.

CURRENTLY not for the lifespan of any monitor being purchased now.

Try not to be quite so patronising , I understand the uses of this monitor very well thank you and those that would be interested in it.

edit - if there was more than one DP port there wouldnt be an issue but imo it is still a big factor to consider products like this

Back
Top Bottom