** 4K GAMING 1MS 60Hz MONITOR @ SUB £500 !!!!! ** (IN STOCK NOW)

Soldato
Bah, now i need to wait and see if Asus release the 28" 4k glasses free 3d monitor they showed off.

I've always wanted to see a viable and affordable autostereoscopic 3D display brought to market. There have been several concepts shown off and even some low-rate production models but they have always been prohibitively expensive or simply never made it to market. I wouldn't hold your breath for the ASUS model (and certainly not at a decent price).

It's only a matter of time before the autostereoscopic technology becomes more widespread and is something we start seeing more commonly. But you might be waiting a little while yet. And plus, it's limited to 1080p in 3D that ASUS concept. They were just trying to draw a crowd with an idea, nothing more. ;)

Associate
It's a very nice monitor.

Indeed, I'm only using a single 7970 at the minute, but it's clocked to 1300/1500 and I only really play WoW. Seeing 60fps even in 25 mans, occasional dip to 35/40 in towns. Will either grab a second 7970 and waterblock, or wait until DDR4 and get a complete new system.

whats photo editing like on this ??? thinking of moving back to pc from mac (been there since 2008) and going 4k with a 4770k and 780ti

The real estate the monitor offers is pretty outstanding, I can't wait to actually do some CAD work for once, haha.

Associate
@PCM2 - I've seen that you have commented on the S27A750D a few times and am contemplating selling mine and getting this. Do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade? My Sapphire 7950 has DP and already got the relevant cables but not sure it will give the performance I want.

I mainly do 3D CAD work, gaming and occasionally watch a movie but haven't really felt the urge to use 3D and not had the grunt to really take advantage of 120Hz in later games.

The S27A750D only just fits on my current desk due to raised platform to the right so not sure this will fit and don't have the money to buy a new desk!

Associate
@PCM2 - I've seen that you have commented on the S27A750D a few times and am contemplating selling mine and getting this. Do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade? My Sapphire 7950 has DP and already got the relevant cables but not sure it will give the performance I want.

I mainly do 3D CAD work, gaming and occasionally watch a movie but haven't really felt the urge to use 3D and not had the grunt to really take advantage of 120Hz in later games.

The S27A750D only just fits on my current desk due to raised platform to the right so not sure this will fit and don't have the money to buy a new desk!

Maybe I should be content with my S27A750D and have a go at crossfire by getting a R9 280 to go with my 7950...

Soldato
If you get one with a VESA mount you can get an arm to hook to the back of your desk to mount both. You could mount one above the other, for instance.

I think your 7950 will struggle in games at high settings unless you get a second.

Back
Top Bottom