** 4K GAMING 1MS 60Hz MONITOR @ SUB £500 !!!!! ** (IN STOCK NOW)

OcUK Staff
OP
Any update on this?

ETA are exactly what they are, estimated. Nothing precise about them.

The latest we know and has not changed is they will be here end of May or first week of June.

As to the Rainforest you will see they no longer list the product, as predicted they were just miss-leading customers.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Out of the 500 initial batch we've pre-sold nearly 300!
ETA are always an estimate, but Samsung saying we should get stock end of next week or week after at latest. :)

Soldato
If you didn't have the GPU power yet for gaming at 4K(say a single 780ti) and ran a 4k monitor at a lower resolution would it look rubbish?

it would not look as good as 4K obviously, but I find 1080 on my samsung to be marginally better than 1080 on an actual 1080, due to the pixel denisty of the 4k panel it is still a clearer picture (e.g. no screen door effect even right up close)

Soldato
ETA are always an estimate, but Samsung saying we should get stock end of next week or week after at latest. :)

Please keep us advised - I am planning trips in that time frame.

If you didn't have the GPU power yet for gaming at 4K(say a single 780ti) and ran a 4k monitor at a lower resolution would it look rubbish?

Running at 1080p will scale directly on a 1:4 basis.

Associate
Hi there

Out of the 500 initial batch we've pre-sold nearly 300!

Exactly what I came here to find out.
Part of me is saying "Wait until it's out and you can read more than 1 real customer review" the other part is saying "shut up and take my money."
I'd just hate to wait too long and miss them sell out for a while.

The only thing that's really putting me off is lack of Vesa mounting, but for the price and reviews I've seen, I guess I can live without it!

OcUK Staff
OP
Exactly what I came here to find out.
Part of me is saying "Wait until it's out and you can read more than 1 real customer review" the other part is saying "shut up and take my money."
I'd just hate to wait too long and miss them sell out for a while.

The only thing that's really putting me off is lack of Vesa mounting, but for the price and reviews I've seen, I guess I can live without it!

From latest, best case our stock arrives end of next week. Worse case they arrive week after. Not long to wait now. :)

Soldato
Just wondering but how is the res these support classed as 4k when its in the 38xx range?

Will 5k be in the 48xx range?

It's technically UltraHD/UHD, but thanks to marketing it's now known at 4K, and proper 4K is 4K2K ( 4096 × 2160 ) although the aspect ratio is 17:9

While UHD/4K is 16:9

Associate
From latest, best case our stock arrives end of next week. Worse case they arrive week after. Not long to wait now. :)

Pulled the trigger and placed an order yesterday, can't wait now.
- Whoops looks like I overlooked that I need a mini DP to DP adapter / cable too, as I think the DP cable included is just DP to DP.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We are expecting a large delivery early next week which will clear nearly all backorders and another large delivery is expected the following week which will give us plenty of free stock available.

Back
Top Bottom