*** 4K Player Thread ***

As a panny buyer i'm slightly miffed / happy at the same time that ms can put out a game console with 4k at that 250 price . Begs the question was Panasonic taking the **** on pricing ? Will be interesting to see if any compromises have been made to get that low price. Or are they prepared to take a short turn hit as they think 4k will go massive ?

You're shocked that MS can sell at a loss to attract millions of customers? Where were you for the PS3 launch with bluray?

As a panny buyer i'm slightly miffed / happy at the same time that ms can put out a game console with 4k at that 250 price . Begs the question was Panasonic taking the **** on pricing ? Will be interesting to see if any compromises have been made to get that low price. Or are they prepared to take a short turn hit as they think 4k will go massive ?

Of course they're taking the **** - standard practice to price gouge early adopters.

A UHD player is fundamentally a BD player but with some slightly different circuitry - unless the critical chips are made from unobtanium, that doesn't suddenly quadruple the price.

Of course they're taking the **** - standard practice to price gouge early adopters.

Not really as the first blu ray player was £2,000

A UHD player is fundamentally a BD player but with some slightly different circuitry - unless the critical chips are made from unobtanium, that doesn't suddenly quadruple the price.

One is paying for the build quality and the software the runs the player. I can't fault my Panna UHD player and so much better then the Samsung.

And if you think £600 is a lot then wait for the new OPPO to come out :)

I was going to wait for Sony's 4k Bluray offering next year but the Xbox One S looks very tempting. Its always been known anyway that Sony/MS sell consoles at a loss at some point as they recoup the money in games titles. Its chicken and egg. Unlike PC you cant use PS4 games unless you have a PS4. So they need to price the console cheap enough to get you to buy then recoup on the games.

One is paying for the build quality and the software the runs the player. I can't fault my Panna UHD player and so much better then the Samsung.

And if you think £600 is a lot then wait for the new OPPO to come out :)

The OPPO is expected at the end of the year or early next. It should be quite an upgrade as they make such superb players.

The rumor mill is saying the one s will only pass basic 5.1. The new xbox next yea will be atmos and dts:x enabled.

If true it's pointless buying the one s. The whole point of 4k isn't the resolution, but the extra features it brings with it, namely the new audio formats and HDR.

I think they are selling different storage sizes. I saw a 500gb listed at 250. I assume 2tb will be at 350.

Exactly that.

The 2TB launches in august at £349

The 500gb and 1Tb launch in September at £249 and £299.

I love the white finish, and think I'll be trading my existing Xbone for one.

Exactly that.

The 2TB launches in august at £349

The 500gb and 1Tb launch in September at £249 and £299.

I love the white finish, and think I'll be trading my existing Xbone for one.

If there is some form of trade in option that's economical I may do the same. If not I may just leave it. Kinda want PS NEO to compliment my set up if that also has a 4k bluray player and if it's out this year since all of my mates are on the PS. Still think the Xbox services are superior though.

i though reliability of the DVD drive in the Xbox had with earlier versions been a problem, both the mechanicals (from Samsung/Thomson/Philips) and the laser itself (as I saw when tried to replace laser in a Sony drive before reluctantly buying a new external drive for a pc) .. so can you typically buy Xbox with a 5 year guarantee from jl ?

Back
Top Bottom