• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Associate
OP
Very interesting, thanks. What scale is the magnitude? Does 15 represent 0.15 v or 15%?
Sorry I do not know and I did quick google search and not much information on the AMD Curve Optimizer.
I know it is a voltage curve,you can set it to have better sustained boost clocks. It has set limit for AMD 5000 CPU's so 200Mhz over normal boost clock on CPU. 5800X boost to 4850Mhz + 200Mhz= 5050Mhz.

Setting PBO boost can net higher CPU clocks but not sustained like with AMD Curve Optimizer.
I am fine with up to 5050Mhz while PC gaming.The actual clock speed really does not make a difference in performance but if you like seeing over 5000Mhz then it works.

Associate
Sorry I do not know and I did quick google search and not much information on the AMD Curve Optimizer.
I know it is a voltage curve,you can set it to have better sustained boost clocks. It has set limit for AMD 5000 CPU's so 200Mhz over normal boost clock on CPU. 5800X boost to 4850Mhz + 200Mhz= 5050Mhz.

Setting PBO boost can net higher CPU clocks but not sustained like with AMD Curve Optimizer.
I am fine with up to 5050Mhz while PC gaming.The actual clock speed really does not make a difference in performance but if you like seeing over 5000Mhz then it works.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm interested in the same or better performance for less voltage definitely.

Associate
OP
AMD Curve Optimizer?

Is this a software thing or an Agesa thing? Available to the 3000 series?
BIOS thing in overclocking section check screen shot first post.
I should add and i know you know but it will get better with newer agesa release coming

Great Find. Attached to a reddit post i started about another post in here! Great Performance. AMD left us a great gift to play with!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jrsz7x/pbo_curve_optimiser_ocuk_forums_5800x_boost_set/
Thanks I check out the thread.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It is an AMD feature, now what I can not tell you all the motherboards that have it. You have to check AMD list of motherboards. It just may be AMD does not want it released yet on every motherboard but there are different links in this thread that have different motherboards listed.

Set CPU up to 5000Mhz and I see a lot of 5000Mhz but I did set locked 60FPS
AMD 5800X 5000Mhz RTX 3080 4K HDR 60 FPS Assassin's Creed Valhalla

@Vogon
Just spreading the love :p

Full Cinebench20 Run for those interested

Single core 652

Multi Score - 6136

Idle temperatures- 29°C

Full AVX load -77°C

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I get the PBO Curve optimiser settings to save in my MSI X570 Toamhawk BIOS ?

Everytime I make a change from the 'Settings' menu and F10 it says no changes have been made !?

I can make changes to the PBO settings from the 'OC' menu and this saves back fine.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Set PBO disabled in Advanced CPU Configuration .You will get a save message.
Then set AMD curve optimizer ,you will not get a save message but that is how it works.
You are correct with your post.

Associate
Set PBO disabled in Advanced CPU Configuration .You will get a save message.
Then set AMD curve optimizer ,you will not get a save message but that is how it works.
You are correct with your post.

Thanks. Yes, I worked it out in the end, even though it says nothing has changed when you try and save it, when you test in Windows it defiantely has, so all good :)

:)

Associate
OP
Awesome ,I have been doing 5200Mhz all cores but getting some of the famous whea errors at 5200Mhz. 5100Mhz no errors have yet to try 5150Mhz

Cinebench full run 5100mhz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom