• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Needs 2 monitors DVI and 1 Display Port

Associate
Hmm I was wondering about all these resolutions? Do you need an adapter if you are running 3 monitors at just 1680x1050 as most people seem to be saying that you only need adpaters for higher. I'm probably just reading that thread wrong which is confusing me greatly!

So if anyone knows if I still need an "Active" DP-DVI converting for 1680x1050 please reply :)

Yes, you need an active adaptor no matter what resolution your using, i'm one of the guys that tried a dongle, have posted at wsgf etc.

i have posted a dutch site at wsgf that have them, its been translated by an Iracing member that they will post to Europe if you mail them for details.

I cant post the link as my work internet filter kills wsgf :(

Soldato
I really want Eyefinity

mydesk.JPG

They are 3x 2407's so no Display Port, so looks like I will have to wait for an active adapter.

HEADRAT

Soldato
question:

anyone reviewed eyefinity with 5 or 6 30" monitors in portrait? full 2560x1600 res per monitor? so, 8000x2560 if 5 monitors.

It can't be done yet.

There's a 6 port edition of the 5870 due out at some point, but at the moment, 3 is the max and one must be displayport (or active adapter).

Can't type for toffee
Don
This seems to have been kept a lot quieter than the other "features" of teh 5800 range.

I've just bought 2 24" DEll S2409's was planning a 58** and nabbing another monitor when theyre on offer again. Thought this would be better than buying a TH2G.

C'mon 3 monitors with the middle one being different to the others is gonna look utter tosh :( Not to mention a TH2G and another S2409 would probably be cheaper than a singles DP monitor lol :p

EDIT: posted before reading the entire thread :p

So any new on active adapters in the UK.
Also do they inroduce and ghosting or input lag?
I remember using other video convertors before and some of them were horrid :(

Last edited:
Associate
Yes the dispaly port requiremet has but a little bit of a downer on Eyefinity for me. hopefully ATi will see to it thatere are some suitable cheap adaptor available for Eyefinity use or alter the cards at the next refresh so you can use the HDMI ports for the 3rd monitor rather than DP. There also been some talk talk that the active adaptor may not work with all monitors. I was hoping to move over from TH2Go to this but am now going to see what pans out. If it looks likes theres no movement, I'll swap one of my Dell's out for a model with DP.

Soldato
So any new on active adapters in the UK.
Also do they inroduce and ghosting or input lag?
I remember using other video convertors before and some of them were horrid :(

The apple adapter is confirmed to work, but has a mixed reputation.

Confirmed that no input lag and no loss of quality with an active adapter.

There's a European site that ships the Accel/Bizlink adapter, but it's ~115 Euros inc shipping.

Associate
How about the "Apple Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )"

This is only £14.95 and as it's an Apple compatible, should be active right?

Then you just need a few quid HDMI-DVI cable and away you go.

Soldato
ATI claim one connection needs to be DisplayPort so any HDMI "shouldnt" work. By all means give it a try but no one has confirmed it works but i would doubt at that price that it is "active".

Back
Top Bottom