• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Needs 2 monitors DVI and 1 Display Port

Associate
I realise this is a hard question to answer but is there anywhere that sells the cables at a cost that doesn't involve me having to pimp myself out down the local docks ?

My 3008 has DP but the cables seem like they are £40 +

i got a 2 metre one of a well known auction site for < £5 ;)

Associate
Theres a dutch site selling active adaptors, but they appear to have put their prices up recently, probably after realising these are in demand and they are the only people that will ship to Europe or beyond

Not sure if i can post links , so i wont, but its easy to find at WSGF.

Last edited:
Caporegime

They should be doing this anyways, the frigging idiots.
We need OcUK to stock active DP Adapters, with the imminent launch of the Radeon HD 5970 we *NEED* these for Eyefinity.
This ^^.

The only one's I've found are on Dell, but they're on the US site, not the UK site.
Disgraceful.

Associate
got my 5770 today, might have to borrow a couple of projectors from work and give this a go. I take it this works fine with just 2 displays and you wont need a powered display port adapter. Just got to find a wall big enough ^^

Back
Top Bottom