• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Needs 2 monitors DVI and 1 Display Port

Soldato
How about the "Apple Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )"

This is only £14.95 and as it's an Apple compatible, should be active right?

Then you just need a few quid HDMI-DVI cable and away you go.

No, that won't work.

It needs to be active (i.e. powered, generally from a USB). They are usually ~£75.

Associate
When gaming on 3 monitors you dont really notice the bezels and their thickness or lack of. Its quite different when your looking at a picture of a 3monitor setup.

Soldato
Big post from a guy claiming to be an EF creator on p. 37 http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16792&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540

and next page
As for the suggestion that we build a DP-to-DVI adapter, we are technically capable of doing such a thing, but as a company it is outside of our business realm. We are working with external partners to get you what you need. The price someone suggested is our target. We will see if we can get that for you all, but no promises.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really hope they support different resolution and orientation combination.

Due to bezels and that we already have widescreens anyway I think a 30" + 2x20 in portrait would be very nice.

I don't think I could buy 2 more 24" monitors, if I had the cash I would be too tempted by a 30".

You can get 24" for around 200 but + 100 for a displayport adapter then the high end monitors don't seem so expensive but then you only need 1 display port unless you want matching minitors.

Associate
When gaming on 3 monitors you dont really notice the bezels and their thickness or lack of. Its quite different when your looking at a picture of a 3monitor setup.

Yes, i heard it's much different when you actually sit in front of them and start playing. Someone used the analogy of a "car" where there's the windshield in front of you, and to your left and right you have all sorts of "bezels" or obstructed view to get to your side windows, side mirrors, etc. but you don't really complain about that when you're driving, really.

I heard it's something you've to do before you judge, one of those things.

Soldato
bezels never annoyed me but in some games u get stretching on the side screens which is pretty annoying but worth trying all the same.

Associate
I'm not actually that interested in the triple screen gaming setup, I just need three screens for my 2D screen real-estate requirements. I take it an active adaptor will still be required for this as well?

Yes in either Extended desktop or a 3 x Eyefinity group youll need an active adaptor for one of the monitors

Associate
Has anybody here got Eyefinity working with an active DP to DVI adapter?

HEADRAT

Not sure about here, but there are US guys in the Iracing forums that have ordered the dell adaptor and is working fine. I ended up getting a 2nd hand Dell P2210 instead which by the time i'd sold my Viewsonic, worked out at £35 difference, about the same as an active adaptor :)

Soldato
I realise this is a hard question to answer but is there anywhere that sells the cables at a cost that doesn't involve me having to pimp myself out down the local docks ?

My 3008 has DP but the cables seem like they are £40 +

Back
Top Bottom