• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5900X

Associate
You will need to update the BIOS, so if you don't have an existing AM4 socket CPU, make sure you get a mobo that can flash without CPU.
Thanks, either one of those mobos will do it I think - from the quick research I have done sas I don’t have a AM4 chip.

Soldato
Save one for me please! I'll be putting my order in on the 5th for sure!

EDIT at £450 to £530 for the 8 and 12 core respectively I think I might just go straight for the 12 core 5900x.

Unless the latency becomes a signifcant factor, seems like a cheap additional 4 cores.

Associate
Added to wishlist for ease!

Ordered pretty much everything for a brand new build ready for grabbing a 5900X on the 5th. Indecisive on storage otpion still...Actually just waiting on OCUK to send the PSU, CableMod cables and Motherboard. Case, cooler, RAM and GPU are ready to go.

Soldato
Thanks m8 for your help i was wondering and the internet didnt answer my question XD

Could you link me to a good one that you recommend

Make sure to buy a motherboard that allows flashing without a cpu. Or you may find you need a older cpu to flash it before you can use the 5000 series. Look for ones that have a Flashback feature or whatever the manufacturer calls it.

OR make sure the motherboard is already flashed for the 5000 series.

Back
Top Bottom