• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Caporegime
Well I thought I didn't care, but it turns out I did, all of a sudden this evening I couldn't stand it any longer and had to fit it. :p

Had a bit of a scare when it took 5 minutes to boot the first time and then my hard drives weren't showing up... About 30 minutes of panic later and I discovered I had damaged a SATA cable when passing the PCI-E power cable through the motherboard tray... :o

Played some Borderlands 3, 4K Ultra 75% resolution scaling 60+FPS, Wolfenstein II 4K Ultra 90 - 120FPS.
Installing Fallout 4, and Black Ops Cold War.
Interested to try BOCW because it will be the first new game I try. :)

But so far GPU has been pegged at 100% and CPU has been sat between 40% and 60%.

Have a not-very-good picture.

Wz0agtBl.jpg

Soldato
Anyone stuck the fans into 100%? Bloody noisy! Like my card to be kept cool but it's a far harsher sound than my old card. There again, it seems to cool ok without needing 100% anyway.

Associate
Didn't realize there was a dedicated thread. Mines doa, although I havnt tried it at gen 3, I get no signal at all even to bios but tomorrow when home from work I'll try one more time at gen 3.

Associate
Didn't realize there was a dedicated thread. Mines doa, although I havnt tried it at gen 3, I get no signal at all even to bios but tomorrow when home from work I'll try one more time at gen 3.

Give it a second go just incase it`s a connection issue.

The resizable bar is still a work in progress, unfinished job keep it of until you have your cards up and running.

Last edited:

kar

kar

Associate
Ha anyone noticed issues with buzzing? My card has the most awful electrical noise (less coil whine and more like pc speaker white noise) when under load. Also having real strange issues with fire strike but only the first test, completely crashes the computer.

After initial impressions being okay, not real sure about this card.

kar

kar

Associate
Ha anyone noticed issues with buzzing? My card has the most awful electrical noise (less coil whine and more like pc speaker white noise) when under load. Also having real strange issues with fire strike but only the first test, completely crashes the computer.

After initial impressions being okay, not real sure about this card.

So after some head scratching and trouble shooting my undenrvolt was at fault! I have run this confg stable for over a year but the combination of card (much faster than anything else I've ever had) and voltage caused firestrike at 1080p to vomit. Upping Vcore 0.05v fixed the problem!

kar

kar

Associate
CPU. I suspect firestrike at 1080p dx 11 with a very fast gpu put more stress on the cpu than my usual workload and previous benches with a 1060 gtx.

The buzzing I reported I’m am not sure is the gpu but actually the Aorus z390 mainboard which had a whine to begin with but seems amplified with this card.
Going to try my old trusty 6700k rig and isolate it. That thing is quiet as a mouse.

Soldato
Anyone stuck the fans into 100%? Bloody noisy! Like my card to be kept cool but it's a far harsher sound than my old card. There again, it seems to cool ok without needing 100% anyway.
Whats the old card for reference? I point some nice fans at my old card now to keep it calmer

Seems to do ray tracing ok, finally got a chance to try it myself ive tried not to watch games with it except a little of cyberpunk. Lighting seems nice and i liked the reflection on the water bit and in the cramped passageways. I know its windowed mode but played nice enough.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/964282510
I like that especially the water, what was the res

Back
Top Bottom