• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6900xt - Sapphire Toxic Extreme

Caporegime
Any idea when they'll allow the UK to buy from there again? Beyond a joke now that it still says 'We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom.' after several months..

I've wanted an AMD card since launch at MSRP and still can't get one, whilst hundreds of people (scalpers) in the Discord servers are ordering multiple cards each week from the store, I know It's ran by Digital River, but it's really doing them no good in keeping their UK Customers happy.

Sorry to pester you with such a question, I've tweeted and made threads on Reddit about it but nobody responds.
I'll look into it, but ultimately the Shipping FAQ will be updated when anything changes.

Soldato
I'll look into it, but ultimately the Shipping FAQ will be updated when anything changes.

Thank you Matt, greatly appreciate it. You can always drop me a trust message if you want to keep it off the forum.

Sorry for derailing your thread OP, hope you enjoy whichever card you decide to go with!

Caporegime
@LtMatt do you know if it's possible to change the fans on the radiator without taking the board apart and still have them running off the GPU?
I’m not sure as I’ve not done it, but I think you need to take it apart to do that. If you find the fans too noisy, switch to the Quiet BIOS and you can lower the fan speed as low as 25%. I find the fans audible above 1000 RPM.

Associate
Picture of my Toxic paired with a 5950X.

Alright, Mr über clean build fancy pants, with your god-tier all AMD build...

HERO_SalarDeUyuni101__Hero_shutterstock_596796011_1.jpg

Associate
I don't get the picture sadly. :D

It's a salt pan :p.

I do have a system I'm very happy with, I'm not particularly partial to any manufacturer but it's nice to have an all AMD system as it's the first time (well, ATi then) I've owned such a PC since the first I bought back in 2003 for uni (an Athlon XP 2600+ and 980 Pro were definitely required for work, of course).

The Toxic is such a nice card. A very nice build you have there as I say, I'm pleased with my AIO but only bought it because the Artic Freezer 360 was out of stock when I was buying.

Caporegime
Nice card but I'd never get it in my case with a 3 fan rad. The Strix probably would but the Asus tax on that, too rich for me
Yeah the Strix is still is silly price land. Not sure why when the Toxic has a better cooling solution and PCB. :p

It's a salt pan :p.

I do have a system I'm very happy with, I'm not particularly partial to any manufacturer but it's nice to have an all AMD system as it's the first time (well, ATi then) I've owned such a PC since the first I bought back in 2003 for uni (an Athlon XP 2600+ and 980 Pro were definitely required for work, of course).

The Toxic is such a nice card. A very nice build you have there as I say, I'm pleased with my AIO but only bought it because the Artic Freezer 360 was out of stock when I was buying.
Cheers.

Yes, can't speak highly enough of the Arctic Freezer 360, I am using the RBG version.

Associate
OP
Decided to send the toxic back - it's a lovely piece of kit but I just couldn't get it set up how I wanted with the 360rad. Also worried as to lifespan with the pump, it's not like an aio on a gpu where I can just get a new one as it's all 1 system.

I'd love a toxic air-cooled but no price or eta as of yet. Likely keep my eye out for a 6900xt in the used market

But thanks for all the input guys

@LtMatt do you have any experience with the powercolor ultimate 6900xt?

Caporegime
Decided to send the toxic back - it's a lovely piece of kit but I just couldn't get it set up how I wanted with the 360rad. Also worried as to lifespan with the pump, it's not like an aio on a gpu where I can just get a new one as it's all 1 system.

I'd love a toxic air-cooled but no price or eta as of yet. Likely keep my eye out for a 6900xt in the used market

But thanks for all the input guys

@LtMatt do you have any experience with the powercolor ultimate 6900xt?
Yeah it can be a bit awkward depending on what case you have, luckily it fits my scenario perfectly.

The Sapphire 6900 XT SE OC uses the Toxic PCB, but it is a regular XTX so lower power limits, clock limits and voltage at 1.175v instead of 1.2v.

I've never used the Powercolor 6900 XTXH. Tagging in @varkanoid as I believe this old chap is using one. :)

Soldato
Ye was looking to keep with the xtxh chip for future potential overclocking as may watercool in the future

Its a good card I didnt realise I had bought a slightly better version of the 6900 card at the time. @LtMatt is right these need AIO or watercooling if you want to to really get the most out of them it throttles when the hotspot gets to 110c but this is only when benchmarking in gaming it doesnt get that hot and I undervolt it anyway with little performance drop.

When I really pushed it and went for it I got 2640mhz during benchmarking but it ran hot and loud with 110c on the hotspot and 80c on the GPU. In gaming its around 65c's sometimes less if its not a GPU intensive game. Middle of the road type 6900 version with potential unlocked through watercooling.

Soldato

I wouldn't worry about the pumps honestly I've had several AIO's first an H50 on the cpu that I had for years and years and now I have the same AIO that Lt Matt has if his picture is anything to go by I've forgotten the name. Anyway no trouble with any of them.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the pumps honestly I've had several AIO's first an H50 on the cpu that I had for years and years and now I have the same AIO that Lt Matt has if his picture is anything to go by I've forgotten the name. Anyway no trouble with any of them.

True I've got an AIO in my youngest son's PC and its been on 2 CPU's and 2 GPU's think its 6 years old now and still going strong.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys - managed to grab a used powercolor ultimate. Plan is to get the new system running stable on air then watercool in the future when I fancy really pushing the card

Back
Top Bottom