• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

Associate
ok I downloaded a version of prim that don't use AVX and I don't get the 100c issue

Now I am really confused because the last 7700k didn't have this problem at all

OcUK Staff

Here are the 4.9 Chips returned I took time today to test both none AVX Prime, 5ghz NO PROBLEM... The chip that had high Core 0 temp 1.35vcore 1.05sa 1.00VCCIO The second chip needed 1.37Vcore 1.12 IO and SA for 5ghz.

Associate
8pack is it abnormal for me to see 100c instantly from the latest version of prime in ffs test and not in blend?

I didn't get that with the last CPU but however getting high temps according to people on here and staff

would there be any chance you can call me so we can sort this out?

talking stock clocks here

Soldato
I don't even think its reading the temp. Looks like something is bugging out.

It's coasting along at the same as the other cores then flicks to 100 and nails itself there.

The other cores act normally, flickering up and down by a degree or so.

Associate
I don't even think its reading the temp. Looks like something is bugging out.

It's coasting along at the same as the other cores then flicks to 100 and nails itself there.

The other cores act normally, flickering up and down by a degree or so.

Thats what I thought it gets hot far too fast instantly the first CPU didn't do this at all....intel burn test does the same.

Think I am going to ask for another replacement.

Associate
SniperDude, you've got 2 programs simultaneously reading the core temperatures. It might be worth using just one.

normally only have Aida64 going it makes no difference if both are open

CPU is going back anyway First chip didn't do this 100c stuff soon as I open latest prime ...same on intel burn test.

asked on another forum and people there have tested their 7700k's with new and old prime and there is a difference in temp
but none of them did what mine does in the video.

this is the difference between the 2 primes on a undelided chip from one member

Max load temps:
Prime 95 v28.10 (Win64) - 76°C (core temp)
Prime 95 v25.9 (Win64) - 66°C (core temp)

Last edited:
Soldato
You'll get sorted in the end. It's just the waiting that is frustrating.

Did you get a chance to look at the serial number on the IHS?
8pack posted his tests from today on the ones which were sent back to him, it can't be the same one.

Come to that there's no obvious hot core and no high temps either.

Associate
Will do when I remove it in the morning too knackered to be messing about with this tonight

I recall the IHS being a bit scratched up but put this down the deliding really.

all the thermal paste i got free has gone lol maybe they should give bigger tubes lol

Associate
It appears the person in question got premium support and support should be premium for a product at £2 or £2000. That isn't the point. You still can't just fast track things if the people required are not there or have other commitments. It appears it was resolved anyways and sorted before their standard turn around time.

Why do you suspect a 24 hour turn around just because it has a fault. GPU's at £1000 go faulty and sometimes take weeks to get sorted and they are premium.

Edit: And no I used to work in tech shop doing similar things to what OcUK do though and still build custom PC's on the side. The business model isn't unique to OcUK, it is the same as any reputable supplier/shop.

I work in Architecture and Structural Engineering providing high end designs for all the F1 companies and clients such as Jaguar/Land Rover and similar. Target dates, design dates, issues and turn around to resolution still holds true to how it works as it does with building a custom PC with high end parts. Client wants 'X' resolving by 'Y' and company policy is we will provide 'Z' by 'Y' with 'X' to follow because we like all companies have more than one client to look after.

The given time frame originally from OcUK should have been noted on the system and logged as providing customer so that any call following the person who picked up that time could see what had been stated and if there was an issue with saying as such they could have put customer on hold. That appears to have been OcUK's issue with unclear record of information.

I also think the poster though appeared then to have called twice within a few working hours be it that one was the night before and one the next morning. The doesn't give anyone time to check what is happening or expected. When originally sending in for sorting it should have been made clear by OcUK staff at the time that current turn around is 3-5 working days as the high workload although as there is an issue they will see what they can do to get it to the customer sooner.

This appears to not have been clear from the start prompting the poster to call. It then appears that the new customer service person provided the standard days which is likely company policy so not to promise something they cannot fulfill.

With that and because of what was stated here it appears that a few OcUK members have spoken and then posted and it so happens it was sorted. I do get the posters frustration and can only take word that the CS person was rude but other than that the actual result is that it should have been resolved and if the poster feels that CS was rude they should make a complaint because otherwise there is no official follow up. There is likely a recording of the call and others that heard the conversation due to nature of the call and so it can be investigated accordingly and recorded on the outcome.

The difference is the poster started to get upset/stressed where we are sitting away from the situation and thus not as emotionally attached to the situation and just taking each point as it is provided. The poster also even after stating 3 times that the 4.8GHz chip is the 4.9GHz chip as they are the same chip still seemed to be taking that in anger because the box didn't say 4.9GHz

That is all that happened, I just got frustrated at the poster because they seemed to be be upset about something that I can not know but suggested if the case then resolution to moving forward is 'X' but there is also 'Y' and 'Z' as alternatives.

The poster then suggested they would delid themselves if they could and then I stated you can get a tool for all of £25 to do so. Then that was ignored so they then just appear to be making a fuss rather than actually doing anything else.

OMG, what a load of waffle.

Just bullet point the key headlines next time, lol!

Associate
Evening / morning chaps. Sorry for being awol in this thread, been off sick and working from home so haven't really kept an eye on this.

Just to be clear I actually work in the sales / CS office, I don't work in RMA or do any delids / testing with Ian. I just saw that there were issues in a thread I was keenly following because I'm a nerd and am really interested in seeing what people get out of their stuff, I haven't had anything to do with the testing of your chips when they got sent back but I'm quite happy to help if I can if nobody else is around, even if it's just letting Ian know there's an issue.

I'm glad that the ones that got sent back out are performing well, except for SniperDude's, I'm sure we'll get that sorted.

A bit disappointing to see bitterness toward the service, personally in CS we do our best for every single customer regardless of attitude or amount paid, we don't see people as banks and don't take you for granted that's for sure but if you have a genuine issue, just ask for management or reach out on the 'ask a question' platform on the site and we'll do our best to sort things amicably and efficiently for you.

Regardless of having to reel off policies and rules etc, Bailey cares about all issues, RMA is his department and he does his best to get things sorted with people. Just because he designs and sells crazy expensive stuff doesn't mean Ian doesn't care about the service either, it's his product, brand and reputation that he puts out there and was very quick to liaise with me when I raised the issue.

All we ask is that you reach out and let us have a crack at sorting the problem :)

Now clock the nuts off your chips and go ham on the games bois

Associate
Evening / morning chaps. Sorry for being awol in this thread, been off sick and working from home so haven't really kept an eye on this.

Just to be clear I actually work in the sales / CS office, I don't work in RMA or do any delids / testing with Ian. I just saw that there were issues in a thread I was keenly following because I'm a nerd and am really interested in seeing what people get out of their stuff, I haven't had anything to do with the testing of your chips when they got sent back but I'm quite happy to help if I can if nobody else is around, even if it's just letting Ian know there's an issue.

I'm glad that the ones that got sent back out are performing well, except for SniperDude's, I'm sure we'll get that sorted.

A bit disappointing to see bitterness toward the service, personally in CS we do our best for every single customer regardless of attitude or amount paid, we don't see people as banks and don't take you for granted that's for sure but if you have a genuine issue, just ask for management or reach out on the 'ask a question' platform on the site and we'll do our best to sort things amicably and efficiently for you.

Regardless of having to reel off policies and rules etc, Bailey cares about all issues, RMA is his department and he does his best to get things sorted with people. Just because he designs and sells crazy expensive stuff doesn't mean Ian doesn't care about the service either, it's his product, brand and reputation that he puts out there and was very quick to liaise with me when I raised the issue.

All we ask is that you reach out and let us have a crack at sorting the problem :)

Now clock the nuts off your chips and go ham on the games bois

I've no bitterness towards OCUK

Rang today talked to a guy who sounded like he was for Northern Ireland very nice pleasant bloke, exactly how it should be.. arranged another RMA

Can't keep returning CPU's tho running out of room for all the haribo (don't like them lol)

hopefully I will get a decent one this time like others have.

Back
Top Bottom