• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k in Z170 Mobo

Soldato
No, its not a case of delidding. Prime is not recommended any more by intel. Certain instruction sets cause voltage spikes that can result in really high temps. Use Realbench or Aida64.

Associate
No, its not a case of delidding. Prime is not recommended any more by intel. Certain instruction sets cause voltage spikes that can result in really high temps. Use Realbench or Aida64.

read where he says it hits 96c in a game... nothing to do with prime.

why should you have to potentially ruin a cpu to `fix it` - this is Intel`s fault

i know. they cheaped out with poopy thermal paste :rolleyes: again :rolleyes:

Soldato
read where he says it hits 96c in a game... nothing to do with prime.

i know. they cheaped out with poopy thermal paste :rolleyes: again :rolleyes:

Missed that, I was referring to the his other post about getting 92 Degrees in prime. Something is wrong there. I am pretty certain that poopy thermal paste would not cause such a high temp, especially with watercooling. Drop it to stock and see if you still get high temps, if yes, then it may be the thermal compound but if not try checking in the BIOS for your voltage, LLC etc in case something is not correct.

Soldato
Really? Do a bit of research. It started with Haswell. Consumer Intel CPUs (SKT2011 do not seem to be adversely effected by this) Prime 95 causes the CPU to pull way too much voltage at times causing spikes. Prime 95 puts an unrealistic load on these CPUS that will not be achievable with gaming/normal use/rendering.

Associate
Missed that, I was referring to the his other post about getting 92 Degrees in prime. Something is wrong there. I am pretty certain that poopy thermal paste would not cause such a high temp, especially with watercooling. Drop it to stock and see if you still get high temps, if yes, then it may be the thermal compound but if not try checking in the BIOS for your voltage, LLC etc in case something is not correct.

idk if you've been asleep since ivy bridge got released :p but they stopped soldering the IHS to the die and used poopy thermal compound instead making overclocked cpus run a good 20c hotter

Soldato
Really? Do a bit of research. It started with Haswell. Consumer Intel CPUs (SKT2011 do not seem to be adversely effected by this) Prime 95 causes the CPU to pull way too much voltage at times causing spikes. Prime 95 puts an unrealistic load on these CPUS that will not be achievable with gaming/normal use/rendering.

what planet are you on? if a piece of software is pushing a cpu to 100% - and the cpu is falling over , then its not the software at fault is it

since IB they have been cost cutting and think that boiling water temperatures is acceptable. you can heat your home from a 4770k on the stock retail heatsink.

Soldato
Seriously do a search for it. Its not pushing the CPU to 100% it pushes it past its acceptable voltage limits when using that specific piece of software. I believe if you change it from Blend to Small FFT it will work without doing that. If you don't believe me, and I assure you I have done a decent bit of research into this AND it has been confirmed by Intel and several other internet sources, please ask the likes of 8Pack/Gibbo. IBT used to do the EXACT same thing.

Back
Top Bottom