• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Caporegime
OP
that's pretty poor,it could be a refurbished unit?

ask for a refund and keep it

I guess so haven't heard anything back from them yet. I guess as it was via bank transfer im screwed anyway.

I'd rather they just sent me a brand new unit but i will accept a refund if they offered it to me. They better do something satisfactory or they might lose their most vocal fan.

The annoying thing is newegg is selling them brand new so why would arcic send me a used one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
i hate it when these things happen. the other party just can't respond fast enough!

Well they've had a few hours to respond so far. I can only assume that they're trying to figure out how they managed to send me a second hand dirty unit with essential parts missing that means its useless. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part though.

Caporegime
OP
well after checking back a few pages it seems like they ran out of those coolers and after you begged them, someone went looking through the bins and found one for you.

maybe this is a case of 'be careful what you wish for'

I was told via email (which i still have by the way) that they could ship one over from the US. It was only after i paid for it that they suddenly said the US was out of stock so they shipped one from Hong Kong instead.

Its a shame they didn't even include a backplate as i can't even use this at all now.

Caporegime
OP
hey guys, any idea whats the best thermal adhesive to use for sticking on the vrm heatsinks?

This stuff provides the best hold and temps.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/accessories/587/thermal-adhesive.html

Still not heard anything substantial back from Arctic lads. They offered me a 50 euro refund and a new backplate only so far. I was extremely disappointed with that offer when i paid for a brand new cooler which cost a lot more than 50 euro.

I've now asked them to try and source one for me from newegg as they appear at least to have them in stock. They said they don't think it will be possible but are trying to negotiate with their us office. Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hi matty you heard anything back yet from arctic on your cooler ?.as a pick me up as you was most usefull earlier in this thread i can gift you dirt 2 and or grid 1 through steam (got them both already and got these through grid 2 bonus) i just need your e-mail,if you dont want them let me know and i'll throw them out to the graphics card forum.

This is what they said after i asked them to try and source me one or get one from newegg in america and send it over to me. (according to newegg they have 36 in stock)

w0zyfa9.jpg.png

I sent another reply since that message saying what's going on, ill take a partial refund if you can't order me a new one. I did ask them why they took my money though seeing as they don't have any to send me.

Thanks for the offer which i gladly accept, Dirt 2 please mate. I'll trust you my steam.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone have some of the circled heatsinks spare and willing to part with them for a few squid?

http://i44.tinypic.com/9un3uq.png

Need 1 of each but mainly after the narrow one in top right for my 7770. The ones that came with my s1 cooler are too big. Was going to order the complete 7970 set from arctic but they're out of stock of course!

Yeah i have a few i can send you mate. How many do you want?

Caporegime
OP
Arctic have agreed to give me a full refund including return shipping costs and import tax and vat charges upon me sending the cooler back to their german service center. :)

EDIT

Spixel i will get you those heatsinks sent out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay been busy!

Caporegime
OP
No worries.. still waiting for my sekisui thermal tape to arrive anyway :)

That's decent of Arctic, but of course it would have been better to not have been sent a used cooler. How much did it cost you in total?

Christ not sure ill have to work that out ask me again in a few days but either way ill be getting all my money back. :)

Caporegime
OP
Arctic Accelero Xtreme 7970/7950 or Alpenföhn Peter/Prolimatech Black Series MK-26

Has anyone had a comparison between these coolers?

I tried both and preferred the accelero. The peter, though effective was a bit ugly and provided worse core temps than the accelero. It was also louder.

Caporegime
OP
It depends how you set it up.
With a standard configuration, the Arctic is better. If you can go the extra mile with your fan setup, the Alpenfohn wins the day.

Petey you're alive? Good to see you back, its been too long. :D

To be fair Petey did have a pretty awesome setup with his Peter but he did have a hell of a lot of fans. Not sure how practical that is for most of us though.

Caporegime
OP
Now that the fans are venting into the case instead of outside the case, my CPU temps are a lot higher. Are there anyways of countering this? I have an NH-D14.

Side exhaust fans on your pc case. Cable tie or zip tie a fan near the front hard drive cage blowing direct onto the gpu's. Create a positive pressure case (more intake fans than exhaust) and remove some pci brackets on the back of your case so hot air is forced out the rear via positive pressure.

Caporegime
OP
Any of you have an idea if this fits a XFX HD7950?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-062-AR

I think so.

Looking for a bit of advice. I bought an accelero about 3 months ago but a little worried about fitting the unit. Is it easy and how long does it take?

Its a bit tricky for a first time install. Just take your time, especially when you have to put the adhesive rings on. You don't get any spares so you need to be careful on this part. If you worst happens and you mess this part up you can cut and use a small bit of thermal tape instead.

There is a video on youtube that i used the first time to help. Its not perfect but its a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3l_TGld3jU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom