• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Caporegime
OP
I've managed to source a 7970 Hybrid via arctic. Its pretty cheap actually £90 but the shipping drives the cost up to £124. Three day shipping though instead of the 6-8 day if you do it through their website.

Btw panyan they have them available on their website now so you can order directly now. Worked out to about £150 via their website though with slow delivery.

Caporegime
OP
that's a good price considering what I quoted,my mate messaged back and they charge 6% transfer fees thru pp so it wouldn't have been worth it

Yeah thanks for trying. This is by far the cheapest way i could have done it, still paying an extra £15 than i would if i got it from the uk but its better than nothing.

Big thanks to Gelly as well. He has given me his Accelero for free so i will have a brand new (well used once) Accelero Xtreme as a spare should anything go wrong with the Hybrid. I'll be glad to ditch my old accelero, i regret messing about with the fins im convinced i did more bad than good. :D

Caporegime
OP
I installed it with tape the other day but the VRMS were hitting 100c with an overclock so this morning i changed to the thermal adhesive - now they are cooler

they have what available? i dont remember what i asked

Oh i thought it was you that wanted the Hybrid 7970.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You still thinking of getting a Hybird then matt, some reviews i read say the installation is tricky,

I've installed the Accelero Xtreme about 20 times so im hoping that experience will stand me in good stead. I've also perfected the art of removing the permanent adhesive from my vrm's and vram chips using nothing more than pliers, lighter fluid and gentle wiggling. I'm ready for this tricky install. :cool:

Hybrid should arrive sometime next week hopefully.

Caporegime
OP
Cool, just making sure you'll have a working card for tomorrow night. :)

That will be a bonus if you don't have to pay the taxes.

Yeah i won't be doing the fitting till friday, presuming it gets here then. I anticipate a long fit time as well probably looking at least a few hours quite possibly more.

I hope i won't have to. I checked fedex website and international economy delivery says

"Take advantage of more cost-effective alternatives to priority services that still provide the customs-cleared, time-definite delivery both you and your customers expect, with delivery in 2 to 5 business days."

Now if i had to pay import tax and vat id assume customs would hold the parcel until i paid and the post office would contact me first to get the money. So there is no way they can guarantee delivery by friday so i can only assume that i won't have to pay them.

Caporegime
OP
I've got an image of being ****ed off. The Hybrid they've sent me has clearly been used before. It is dusty, the ring adhesives are already in place and there are worn marks on the shroud where it has obviously been used before. To say im disappointed is an understatement. As far as i can see the heatsinks are un-used but the actual pump, block, radiator and fan all look used.

EDIT

Nope even the heatsinks have been used before as i can see the remains of cleaned off adhesive.

Back
Top Bottom