7th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th - 19th June 2016

Soldato
having rosetta apart of this challenge benefits us in more than just this challenge, it will more than likely boot us up the ladder on formula boinc

of topic - I noticed biffa has a 1080 gpu when looking at his pcs, love to know how well it does at boinc / folding

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
having rosetta apart of this challenge benefits us in more than just this challenge, it will more than likely boot us up the ladder on formula boinc

lol, not so sure.

We are in 21st place in FB, currently lying on top of Gay USA but underneath the Christians :eek:

With 4.4million credits we would need over 3 million credits to get the first point :eek::eek:

Soldato
but if we are nearly within some points range, maybe people might consider running this a little even after this challenge is over. there is already a couple of people who run rosetta I think aswell?

Associate
Not run Rosetta b4 but im willing to give it a go for a while, Miss doing Atlas , damn i need a new pc or 2 lol

edit: seems i have done some in the past lol, bunkering now :)

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Anyone got any spare power for Rosetta? We are somewhat lagging compared to other projects, and even better there is nobody else to validate against.

Man of Honour
I'm doing rosetta on everything but the kitchen sink.

Should I focus on it to the neglect of the other two countries projects?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Looking at the stats, I would suggest Rosetta is a priority, The hourly gaps between us and other low rank teams isn't that much. We've got more chance of gaining in Rosetta, even at a risk we might overall loose a slot or two in say Universe. Looking at overall standings, that has a better chance of us consolidating, and maybe even gaining a place on the main leaderboard. With no time lag on validation on Rosetta what you submit counts.

But be careful with cache sizes. Get it wrong and Rosetta won't download for another 24 hours.

Man of Honour
Looking at the stats, I would suggest Rosetta is a priority, The hourly gaps between us and other low rank teams isn't that much. We've got more chance of gaining in Rosetta, even at a risk we might overall loose a slot or two in say Universe. Looking at overall standings, that has a better chance of us consolidating, and maybe even gaining a place on the main leaderboard. With no time lag on validation on Rosetta what you submit counts.

But be careful with cache sizes. Get it wrong and Rosetta won't download for another 24 hours.

OK have done so, reduced work on the other two and focused on Rosetta

I'm surprised you haven't got this running already, wouldn't take much to get it running under water would it ?

It runs cool but so many lost WU's down the drain :(

Man of Honour
Following a prod from Oz over the weekend

So I'm not the only one to receive one of those? (for once, I was already bunkering when I got it :)).

Anyone got any spare power for Rosetta?

32 cores moved from Universe to Rosetta. I'll move them back as late as possible tomorrow.

It runs cool but so many lost WU's down the drain :(

I believe that's what the plug is for, and you can use the net to get the WUs in and out. :)

Back
Top Bottom