7th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th - 19th June 2016

PDW

PDW

Associate
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=pog&team=86

Nice production today :) PDW *almost* as good as me :eek: well done mate, keep up the good work :p

If I'd known you were going to taunt me I wouldn't have waited till Saturday before starting :mad:
You're still nearly 3 million points behind me so probably a good job you started 4 days earlier to try and catch up :p
I've turned a few cores off to give you a chance to keep up :D

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I see we've dropped a slot at the Marathon (CSG). :(

We may also be vulnerable at the City Run (Pogs) if we can't eek out just a little more - don't wind down this project early, those last few WUs could be very important.

Man of Honour
City runners, don't forget to empty your bunkers today!

Also, bear in mind that if you have work which hasn't been validated by a wingman yet, the chances of that happening in time are rapidly diminishing. You may want to deploy some tactics. :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
City runners, don't forget to empty your bunkers today!

Also, bear in mind that if you have work which hasn't been validated by a wingman yet, the chances of that happening in time are rapidly diminishing. You may want to deploy some tactics. :)

Do you have a link where I can get them from ?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Fortunately we had a good day's Pogs output yesterday, otherwise we would be in real difficulty maintaining our slot today. As it is Gridcoin are gaining on us again as some have perhaps run down their caches a bit too early. We should be OK, just?

But are you suggesting we should be looking at those WUs we have yet to do and abandoning any that a wingman hasn't already returned? That would be rather devious.

I just wish I'd known which WUs I downloaded way back on the 3rd, would still be waiting for a wingman, and won't complete for days still to come, as the wingman appears to have deleted the computer / Boinc install without first abandoning said WUs. That probably accounts for a good third of my 1250WUs needing validation :(

Soldato
But are you suggesting we should be looking at those WUs we have yet to do and abandoning any that a wingman hasn't already returned? That would be rather devious.

It's certainly devious, but it's going on - of the ~140 tasks I have, the vast majority are resends as a result of several users aborting multiple tasks.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It's going to be a close run thing on Pogs. 2 hrs to go and Gridcoin are 70k behind. Last hour they took 13k from us, as our output is stalling :eek:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
That was indeed close. 20k difference between us holding the 10th slot for the City Run (pogs) and Gridcoin who were overhauling us really fast.

Associate
That was indeed close. 20k difference between us holding the 10th slot for the City Run (pogs) and Gridcoin who were overhauling us really fast.

I still had 1/4 of my total units pending validation at the finish line. Wonder if Universe is going to end up with a close match also.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I don't want to think about how many Pogs WUs I had waiting validation at the end. One of my crunchers had more pending than it had validated as the wingman didn't return any. On the other hand my 64p cruncher I temporarily brought out of retirement, had some 500WUs to go at the end, as it crashed yesterday just as I went out to work, so did nothing for most of the day. Running that down now.

But big bunkers shouldn't have the same effect in Universe for the Swimming thing as they limit the number of active WUs per client. Probably a better option except when the project is offline as it is now.

Back
Top Bottom