7th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th - 19th June 2016

PDW

PDW

Associate
Early days in the swimming pool as Universe started at 1am local time but we have moved up to 4th place :cool:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
That has been some impressive dumpage in the Universe. 4th Place at present is rather surprising. The question is how well we can hang on to that start when a lot of teams are going to be snapping at our heels.

Going to be interesting to see how everyone deals with Rosetta being thrown into the mix for the sprint. That will be three CPU based projects running at once which might make for strategic juggling of resources?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Looks like the Universe validation server is really stuggling - over 11000 WUs to work on :eek:

Starting to slip down the leaderboard now as the credits work themselves through

Last edited:
Associate
Following a prod from Oz over the weekend I've signed up and will do my little bit. To save me trawling all the messages are there any optimised apps for universe@home? Does it use the GPU? Mine isn't currently.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
At this stage, don't worry about fiddling and trying to optimise the PC. Windows will be just fine.

The only projects left to run now are all CPU based CSG running till the bitter end on the 19th June as does Universe, (5 days left) and then Rosetta that is in the mix between the 15th & 18th (3 days only 1.5 days till start). Any of those could be good to run. Indeed now is the time to start any bunkering on Rosetta ready for release no earlier than 1:00 am (UK Summer time) on the 15th.

We are at the tail end of the PrimeGrid GPU based challenge but that has just over half day to go now and new production isn't going to affect our results.

PDW

PDW

Associate
The team is in 11th place overall at the moment and in the currently running disciplines we are:

12th in the Marathon - CSG
12th in the Cross Country - Primegrid
10th in the Swimming - Universe

Any and all help appreciated :)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Lookout the Czech Team is putting on a Universe spurt. There was me thinking we were at risk from the Francophones. We could yet slip from 10th to 13th :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Rosetta doesn't need a wingman so will validate as you upload. At least this means there won't be a validation backlog as per Universe, but does also mean Rosetta will play very different to the other projects. An interesting sprint.

Trouble is you download, and it will only give so many WUs as boinc can't predict crunching time properly (one of my PCs showed 3 days per WU, when 3 hours was more realistic. As a result some have run dry overnight. :(

Watch out too, if you don't get WUs when you expect, maybe something is busy, or whatever, boinc will quickly back off it's communications. One of mine doesn't want to speak to Rosetta for 24 hours :eek:

Back
Top Bottom