8 hours in Paris... suggestions?

Soldato
I went up the tower a couple of weekends ago, great weather and no queues. It was a Saturday too but we did get there reasonably early (11:00) and it was getting busier by the time we left.

Caporegime
Makes sure once you've done 8 hours in Paris that you consult with a publicist before leaking the tape, you wanna max exposure and profit.

Have fun, tell us all the juicy deets!

Associate
I'd recommend the Batobus it's a hop on hop off affair for about £15. Stops at the major points of interest and the ticket lasts for the day. It's really nice at sunset as the boat is mainly glass panels and you get a great view of the city from the river. Very cool at night when the Eiffel tower lights up!

Soldato
OP
Had a great day, albeit very tiring.

Got to go up the tower and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I walked upto it from the Trocadéro Gardens where I got dropped off and to be honest, it was an amazing sight.

The rest of the days plans kind of went out of the Window.

I walked from the Tower to the Champs-Élysées, got some food then planned to goto the Arc de Triomphe, however, this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-4NxJOIWA

I then found myself a spectator to it all. The number of police was crazy from what I saw, the protesting was peaceful with the odd smoke flare and fireworks going off. Ended up spending waay too much time here. It was like some reality TV show I knew I should not be watching but somehow, was glued to it :D

I then proceeded to walk on foot down the Champs-Élysées on the road as it was all blocked off down to Place de la Concorde. Felt surreal with first off, walking on the road and secondly it was all soo quiet down this end with the roads being closed and all the action up at the Arc. There was also "check points" at various points on the Champs-Élysées where bags were checked. I just got the impression that on a "normal" day, this road would be a hive of activity but on this occassion, it was like an apocalypse.

I then walked along the river, past the Louvre and walked up into town and got the Metro to Sacré-Cœur. I really wish I went here straight from the Tower, a nice bustly place. Was only her for about ½ hour before Taxi picked me up.

Back
Top Bottom