** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
This may seem like a daft question but there are 2 fan cables for the fans on the aio cooler - where do these plug into on the motherboard?

Should one fan be on the cpu fan pins and the on another fan point?

Lastly, the fans have no direction of flow indicator on them! I intend to mount the rad at the top of the case with the fans below, are the stickers on the top or bottom face for this configuration?

Soldato
This may seem like a daft question but there are 2 fan cables for the fans on the aio cooler - where do these plug into on the motherboard?

You can use a Y splitter to run them both off the CPU or CPU_OPT header or plug one into a chassis/system fan header and try to synch it with CPU temperature if possible, same as the other one.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £11.69
(includes shipping: £8.70)

Should one fan be on the cpu fan pins and the on another fan point?

As long as something is plugged into the main CPU fan header, so the computer can start up without giving you an error, you can have them plugged into any other fan header. e.g. Plug the pump cable into CPU fan header, one cooler fan into CPU_OPT header, and the other cooler fan into SYS_Fan header. Or use splitter.

Lastly, the fans have no direction of flow indicator on them! I intend to mount the rad at the top of the case with the fans below, are the stickers on the top or bottom face for this configuration?

The sticker and frame "spokes" will have the air pushing towards them. Unless they're a rare exception. So you'd want the sticker and frame "spokes" pressed against the radiator, in this instance.

Associate
ok ta, I've changed the fans around.

Bought a new case to go with this build - phanteic enthoo evolve. It has a fan controller with a connector that says to connect to cpu on motherboard. Ive connected that to the cpu fan on the mob and the 2 radiator fans to fan ports on the mob, hopefully thats ok!

Last Q! Where des the 3 pip cable form the pump plug into?

Soldato
ok ta, I've changed the fans around.

Bought a new case to go with this build - phanteic enthoo evolve. It has a fan controller with a connector that says to connect to cpu on motherboard. Ive connected that to the cpu fan on the mob and the 2 radiator fans to fan ports on the mob, hopefully thats ok!

Yup should be fine.

Last Q! Where des the 3 pip cable form the pump plug into?

Take a look at the picture of the motherboard on this webpage, specifically the one around one third of the way down the page, in the "Fan Expert 3" section. You'll see they have highlighted the recommended fan header for a pump, in blue. Any of the fan headers should work though. The 3-pin can plug into 4-pin header. Just use the little tab on the header and feel the grooves on the cable connector, to plug it in the right way.

Associate
Ordered this.....then cancelled it as thought it wouldn't be much of an upgrade from my i7 3770. Since I've found I keep getting a semi when thinking about this deal so booked calendar reminder for 28th to order it again lol :D

Soldato
Ordered this.....then cancelled it as thought it wouldn't be much of an upgrade from my i7 3770. Since I've found I keep getting a semi when thinking about this deal so booked calendar reminder for 28th to order it again lol :D

If that is a k chip you won't have an issue selling in MM, just get the post count up :D

Associate
I ordered this same package ON Black Friday (the actual Friday) with the "other" deal... which is significantly higher price, didn't get a delivery slot for Saturday despite thinking that's what I was getting and having time to actually rebuild my computer this weekend (which is a luxury I will not have until Christmas holidays). Then I saw this post. I'll take my chances and wait for the 28th. My 2700k has been working hard, it's only Elite Dangerous on the HTC vive that it really struggles with, so I can wait a bit longer, as long as my current CPU can too....

Back
Top Bottom