** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
hi guys managed to get this deal thanks ocuk. it came today

Just a quick question for the rad would use the fans that come with the pack noiseblocker pl-ps? or would you run noctua nf-f12 which i have on my existing build?

Ive never used noiseblocker fans before.

Associate
Got this baby up and running finally, thanks for the fan extenders ocuk, great service.

So I thought I would follow the guide and copy the settings and be done. But the dam oc bug is grabbing me again (not been here for a long time) and I'm hoping to push my oc to 4.6 with some moderate bios settings - at least that's the challenge :p

Some early testing with the Asus Intel Extreme Utility stress test has been stable, but I have no idea what the best stress testing software is now so what would you recommend?

I'm also so far impressed with this aio cooler, with an idle temp of 30ish (reasonably warm room) the stress tests I've done have stayed comfortably under 50c - I don't know if this is average or very good, but it's my first watercooler (I'm the lazy type with a hint of paranoia) and I'm pretty stoked so far.

[edit] well maybe temps aren't as low, the Asus Intel Extreme Utility is showing up to 57c ("package temperature") whilst the Asus Ai Suite is showing the lower temp - still fun and games establishing temperatures then lol Still seems good to me though.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the same issue with the temps on AI Suite 3. HWmonitor is showing temperature much higher than the Asus Suite does.

In this case, I am more inclined to agree with what HWmonitor says.

Associate
I have the same issue with the temps on AI Suite 3. HWmonitor is showing temperature much higher than the Asus Suite does.

In this case, I am more inclined to agree with what HWmonitor says.

I've read around a little, from what I gather there is a 'Package temperature' in addition to each cores temp, and mention of the core temps being measured at the socket - the package temperature is much more in line with what I would expect (maybe the AI Suite gives an average of the core temps, or shows the hottest core temp).

OcUK Staff
Got this baby up and running finally, thanks for the fan extenders ocuk, great service.

So I thought I would follow the guide and copy the settings and be done. But the dam oc bug is grabbing me again (not been here for a long time) and I'm hoping to push my oc to 4.6 with some moderate bios settings - at least that's the challenge :p

Some early testing with the Asus Intel Extreme Utility stress test has been stable, but I have no idea what the best stress testing software is now so what would you recommend?

I'm also so far impressed with this aio cooler, with an idle temp of 30ish (reasonably warm room) the stress tests I've done have stayed comfortably under 50c - I don't know if this is average or very good, but it's my first watercooler (I'm the lazy type with a hint of paranoia) and I'm pretty stoked so far.

[edit] well maybe temps aren't as low, the Asus Intel Extreme Utility is showing up to 57c ("package temperature") whilst the Asus Ai Suite is showing the lower temp - still fun and games establishing temperatures then lol Still seems good to me though.

XTU is a good stability test especially when combined with something like Heaven so all controllers on the CPU are working hard and also the highest temp is reached in the case with hot air from the GPU circulating too. I would also try Real Bench as a real world stability test too.

XTU's built in temp is fine to monitor. It showing if you have any throttle issues which is the main thing.

Caporegime
Mine is still sitting in the box it came in. I've had it out to check it over, just in case and it all looks in order. The only issue is, I don't want to spend half a day taking my PC apart and putting it back together again when I get such little time on the computer that I'd rather play than build. I think I might just hold off and get another case, PSU and M&K and just build a new one. It should only mean swapping a graphics card and maybe PSU.

Soldato
Finally had some time to install mine but seem to be having an issue with the Asetek cooler.

Trying to install the backplate but when I position it on the motherboard and screw in the standoffs its lose and I can't tighten it anymore. Not sure if I am doing something wrong with this or if I am missing some parts? :confused:

No instructions or what parts should be included with this cooler were included.

Any help would be appreciated.

Associate
From what I remember it will be loose until you put the pump on and tighten it down. its the tension between the back plate and the pump that tightens everything up not the back plate and the standoffs. Hope that make sense.

Associate
From what I remember it will be loose until you put the pump on and tighten it down. its the tension between the back plate and the pump that tightens everything up not the back plate and the standoffs. Hope that make sense.

Yeah, exactly this. This threw me when I was assembling too, but rest assured once the block is tightened onto the standoffs then they'll be nothing loose.

Associate
Rather enjoying my bundle, initially installed it with the tim that was on the AIO that was a really bad idea. the temps were terrible. I only did it because i wanted to see if it was worth using the bundled thermal paste. Well it certainly was!
Running currently at 4.6 at 1.35 however dropping that voltage each chance i have more then 10minutes to spare. temps idle at 30c and stress test of a hour is giving 70-73c. taking temps from msi afterburner as the ai suite ones seem high on idle 35c and low on stress tests somelike 55-65c.
Either way the aio seems decent but using some jetflo 120s instead of the ones that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom