8 PACK MEMORY RANGE GROWING: SAY HELLO TO 8 PACK RIPPED EDITION & 32GB KITS!!!

Soldato
It should work, but overclocking is going to be harder. The sweetspot is 32GB because its dual rank and 2 dimms for easier overclocking. Are u looking for the best overclock or do u need 64GB ram?

Soldato
I do need 64GB, however I would like the timings to be min CL16 3600mhz or I'll just get another kit.
Its b-die so you can getting lower timings with volts. Ofcourse you should follow a guide:
and use DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen and test mem5 by 1usmus. Also memtest86+.

Associate
hi there,

I wonder if you guys could give me some advice.

For awhile my mum's pc has been having randon BSOD when starting up (some days its fine, others not); ive tried swapping parts over now and then to find out what the problem is; gpu, psu, etc. I even took the whole pc apart and back together; for no reason it randomly BSOD when is starting-up (not always but sometimes - during starting-up).

In the past I did try messing around with memory; moving them alround/removing ram sticks etc. - running with 1, different slots, 2, 4 etc.. still randomly BSOD. Ive done memory tests, prime etc. all passes for hours on end.

So yesterday I thought ill swap the whole memory beween my pc and mums. Now my pc has BSOD (hasnt done it since I can remmeber) and hers has been okay, so its starting to look like there something wrong with the memory. I ran memory tests on mine and no errors either.

This problem has been a long battle; I was trying to be nice and build her a pc, only for it to have random BSOD etc.

So now she has my memory (I feel I should just leave it there, as it seems happy with it). So I really need some memory whilst I test that Corsair stuff and see if I can find out why it doesnt work (if I had an 'error' or something I could RMA it). So do i? get;

1, one lot of Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB), 3600Mhz, MY-002-8P, £120 (what I had before)
2, Get two lots of Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB), 3600Mhz, MY-002-8P, £240 (It will be nice to fill the board, but will 4 sticks?)
3, Or some; Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz, MY-09Z-TG, £190 (although the timing seem worse).

Is four sticks of ram a bad idea for the 5950x? This would give me time to test the Corsair memory - but without having errors, I dont think I can RMA it.

btw, In the past one kit of the Corsair memory was RMA (it didnt work correctly in 3 pcs). I wonder if the second lot has problems too, or the RMA kit? Hence why I would want some 8Pack memory again lol I did wonder about filling the board up but didnt want to cause problems (I had enough memory problem for awhile).

As always, your thoughts/advice is always welomed,

[Update: 1] Ive been reading up, and it appears that running 4x lots of memory @ 3600Mhz, on a 5950x isnt a great idea. So maybe one lot of Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB), 3600Mhz, MY-002-8P - might be the best idea (what I had before)

[Update: 2] Well it looks like one memory card (Corsair) might have an issue - seems it doesnt like starting up. So that might need RMA'ing at a later date; for now I need a system to work. So I ordered 1x 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB), 3600Mh - I didnt want to have more memory problems (with four sticks). This will atleast give me some time to try and workout whats going on with that Corsair memory. I am more or less sure its that now.

------------------

Specs;

My PC:

5950x
Gigabyte X570 ultra,
Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB), 3600Mhz
3080FE,

Mums:

3900x
Gigabyte B550 Elite AX v2
Corsair LPX 3200Mhz (4x8Gb) (2 kits, of 2 sticks),
1080Ti

Last edited:
Associate

How? Damn. I've got the exact same setup as you except my mobo is a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro. I can't get this to even boot at 3800, always have to clear CMOS but it boots at 3866 which is odd, you think it's voltage + Rtt + drivestrength?
Heck I was running it at 3600C14, 140 tRFC (ns), tight timings, 1.45v which is actually 1.5V reported in BIOS and HWINFO as this motherboard overvolts everything (does yours do that on vdimm as well?) and it passed every TM5 for 24 hours, super stable until a few days ago, just browsing got a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD and it killed my SSD, literally. Bios doesn't find it on any m2 slot.

Are you actively cooling the ram as well?

Last edited:
Associate
How? Damn. I've got the exact same setup as you except my mobo is a Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro. I can't get this to even boot at 3800, always have to clear CMOS but it boots at 3866 which is odd, you think it's voltage + Rtt + drivestrength?
Heck I was running it at 3600C14, 140 tRFC (ns), tight timings, 1.45v which is actually 1.5V reported in BIOS and HWINFO as this motherboard overvolts everything (does yours do that on vdimm as well?) and it passed every TM5 for 24 hours, super stable until a few days ago, just browsing got a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD and it killed my SSD, literally. Bios doesn't find it on any m2 slot.

Are you actively cooling the ram as well?
A quick google on the Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro and seems other people have also reported same issues with dram voltage. Are you running the latest bios? maybe this has been addressed now.
In regard to rtt 6/3/3 worked best for me, drive strength depends, I started with 24ohms then dropped it to 20ohms once I was stabilized timings. With voltage you can initially set between 1.5 - 1.55v and will be fine with b-die. Once you have your timings stable you can start reducing voltage. For me 1.5v was not enough for tCL 14, I had to bump it up to 1.51v to get it stable.

Your m.2 SSD dying sucks, although with older bioses in the past when I was tinkering with my x570 master I ran into a similar issue where the mobo would not see my m.2 boot drive, I had to switch to the 2nd bios profile to boot back into windows, so it could be the mobo rather than a dead m.2 drive. Also it is odd you always have to clear CMOS, as far as I am aware that's not normal, at least I never had to do that when tuning my kit. One thing is clear to me, my next build I will be staying far far away from Gigabyte mobo's and depending on how things go AMD entirely.

I do not actively cool my ram, there's no need at 1.51v, active cooling would only be required (as far as I am aware once going into the 1.6v territory which I would just not risk personally).

Last edited:
Associate
A quick google on the Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro and seems other people have also reported same issues with dram voltage. Are you running the latest bios? maybe this has been addressed now.
In regard to rtt 6/3/3 worked best for me, drive strength depends, I started with 24ohms then dropped it to 20ohms once I was stabilized timings. With voltage you can initially set between 1.5 - 1.55v and will be fine with b-die. Once you have your timings stable you can start reducing voltage. For me 1.5v was not enough for tCL 14, I had to bump it up to 1.51v to get it stable.

Your m.2 SSD dying sucks, although with older bioses in the past when I was tinkering with my x570 master I ran into a similar issue where the mobo would not see my m.2 boot drive, I had to switch to the 2nd bios profile to boot back into windows, so it could be the mobo rather than a dead m.2 drive. Also it is odd you always have to clear CMOS, as far as I am aware that's not normal, at least I never had to do that when tuning my kit. One thing is clear to me, my next build I will be staying far far away from Gigabyte mobo's and depending on how things go AMD entirely.

I do not actively cool my ram, there's no need at 1.51v, active cooling would only be required (as far as I am aware once going into the 1.6v territory which I would just not risk personally).
I had to clear cmos only when trying to boot 3800, as it never booted. I am on latest bios yes. My case is also an AP201 with great airflow, I don't know why even 3600C14 isn't exactly stable as it should be really frustrating. Even after all the tests, stress tests etc

Associate
I had to clear cmos only when trying to boot 3800, as it never booted. I am on latest bios yes. My case is also an AP201 with great airflow, I don't know why even 3600C14 isn't exactly stable as it should be really frustrating. Even after all the tests, stress tests etc
I was actually able to boot into windows at 4000mhz but eventlog filled with WHEA's, I think I had to clear cmos once when testing tighter timings with 4000mhz.
Could be IMC on CPU that's the issue. Have you tested 3800mhz with all ram timings on auto (or primary timings very loose ex. 30), VDIMM voltage 1.55v and VSOC 1.25v? (you will need to account for the overvoltage of the board so check in gradual increments what you need to enter in your bios to get VSOC at 1.25v in hwinfo/zentimings). It was a similar situation on my board with other voltages, if you compare what values I entered in my bios vs what my zentimings screenshot above is reporting:

The only voltage that was the same in my bios and zentimings was VDIMM.

Last edited:
Associate
hello im new

built my first pc and enjoying learning overclocking, got the 8pack bdie 2x16gb kit paired with a 13700kf thought i would share they are running great and taking voltages well (would have loved a temp sensor) i have them in gear 1 at 4100mhz 15-15-15-15-35-282 all timings done at 1.55vdimm (fan cooled by a 140mm case fan locked at 1500rpm) i think they can go further like 4266c15 1.58-1.6v but im not very comfortable hitting them with 1.6vdimm even though people say bdie can take it if well cooled just dont want to play the guessing game with the dimm temps due to not knowing what they are

Associate
hello im new

built my first pc and enjoying learning overclocking, got the 8pack bdie 2x16gb kit paired with a 13700kf thought i would share they are running great and taking voltages well (would have loved a temp sensor) i have them in gear 1 at 4100mhz 15-15-15-15-35-282 all timings done at 1.55vdimm (fan cooled by a 140mm case fan locked at 1500rpm) i think they can go further like 4266c15 1.58-1.6v but im not very comfortable hitting them with 1.6vdimm even though people say bdie can take it if well cooled just dont want to play the guessing game with the dimm temps due to not knowing what they are
Welcome!

Soldato
I have the 8 Pack 2 x 8Gb of the CL14 3600 ram.

If I buy another set of the 8 Pack 2 x 8Gb CL14 3600 ram will this work just fine with my 5800x3d?

16Gb -> 32Gb

I assume the DOCP profile will work just fine with 4 sticks?

Last edited:
Associate
hi guys, wondering if i could get some help. I bought some 8pack ram in 2021 that was advertised as B-die ram. Im really struggling to get any sort of overclock out of them at all. If I up the speed to 3800mhz my pc wont post. If i tighten the timings at all the PC wont post and I have to flash the CMOS in order to reset the BIOS. Is there any way of confirming that I actually have B-die ram?

I used thaiphoon to look up the information but its just say 1die where it usually says B-die.

https://imgur.com/a/aINiPcn

MY-002-8P Description: Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4

PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit

Associate
hi guys, wondering if i could get some help. I bought some 8pack ram in 2021 that was advertised as B-die ram. Im really struggling to get any sort of overclock out of them at all. If I up the speed to 3800mhz my pc wont post. If i tighten the timings at all the PC wont post and I have to flash the CMOS in order to reset the BIOS. Is there any way of confirming that I actually have B-die ram?

I used thaiphoon to look up the information but its just say 1die where it usually says B-die.

https://imgur.com/a/aINiPcn

MY-002-8P Description: Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4

PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit
Follow this: https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md

Associate
I have had my 32gb kit a while now, but never had time to tinker with it.....until now.
I have this with a 5800x3d CPU - was hoping to get 3800mhz at cl14 from the ram, with 1900IF - however struggling to get there.
I can post with a lower IF (I was trying to keep it 1/1) - is there any downside to a lower IF with the ram at 3800mhz (or am I better keeping it 1/1 and lower them both)?

Thanks

Last edited:
Don
I have had my 32gb kit a while now, but never had time to tinker with it.....until now.
I have this with a 5800x3d CPU - was hoping to get 3800mhz at cl14 from the ram, with 1900IF - however struggling to get there.
I can post with a lower IF (I was trying to keep it 1/1) - is there any downside to a lower IF with the ram at 3800mhz?

Thanks
Surely there's less requirement for higher ram speed with an X3D?

Probably be better just sticking to 3600

Back
Top Bottom