8 PACK MEMORY RANGE GROWING: SAY HELLO TO 8 PACK RIPPED EDITION & 32GB KITS!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
3600 cl16 8 pack 16gb increased from £140 to £170 today. That's rough. In October 2020 it was around 110-120. I presume prices increased a lot across all ram due to recent extra demand and restricted supply. Tough time for new builds.

Yes supply is in massive constraint. Prices are moving up also but the main reason is lack of supply.

Corsair and 8 Pack sales in last few months have hit record highs and whereas we would normally see sales volume drop off into January it has actually increased further.

Right now we can’t source any more Samsung IC for 8 Pack RAM so what we have will have to last until after Chinese New Year.

Corsair are also having record sales too and are sold out to the point everything they can produce is swallowed up immediately.

Ive managed to source stock from Kingston and Micron to help but all in all component sales across the board are at record highs these past few months and is showing no signs of slowing.

Hopefully prices might ease a bit March/April onwards but it’s an unknown. Micron, Corsair and other memory manufacturers are in a very good position as sales have never been so good!

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yes supply is in massive constraint. Prices are moving up also but the main reason is lack of supply.

Corsair and 8 Pack sales in last few months have hit record highs and whereas wwe would normally see sales volume drop off into January it has actually increased further.

Right now we can’t source any more Samsung IC for 8 Pack RAM so what we have will have to last until after Chinese New Year.

Corsair are also having record sales too and are sold out to the point everything they can produce is swallowed up immediately.

Ive managed to source stock from Kingston and Micron to help but all in all component sales across the board are at record highs these past few months and is showing no signs of slowing.

Hopefully prices might ease a bit March/April onwards but it’s an unknown. Micron, Corsair and other memory manufacturers are in a very good position as sales have never been so good!

"Prices are moving up also but the main reason is lack of supply."... Do suppliers increase prices when there is lack of supply, or only retailers?

Soldato
Managed to get some pretty nice timings so far.

sOvocLv.png

Not sure what I need to loosen to up the speed more but this seems stable so far, I suppose I could try and tighten the sub timings a bit more but most of them don't seem to want to play ball and I have to reset cmos every time which is a massive ball....

Any suggestions?

Edit: this is on 4x8gb 3600mhz cl14

New AIDA64 stats with the 5800X
breGGc1.png

I'm a bit confused as to whats going on with your L3 cache compared to mine? why am i getting over 200gb/s more than you?

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Any idea what the typical dispatch time on this RAM is?

Ordered the 32Gb kit last Thursday and still showing as 10+ stock, but not shipped yet.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
It will be slow mate due to covid they are very busy at the moment as to be expected

And there was me thinking they’d almost run out of CPU’s and GPU’s. :D

Not in an amazing hurry but could really do with it this week at least, and certainly before it goes out of stock!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Was just slightly concerned when Gibbo said they’re having problems sourcing any more B-die due to shortages, and would hate to see it go out of stock before mine is shipped.

I’m a patient man really. :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Was just slightly concerned when Gibbo said they’re having problems sourcing any more B-die due to shortages, and would hate to see it go out of stock before mine is shipped.

I’m a patient man really. :p

Warehouse is behind, business in January has got busier than it was during Black Friday and were still massively restricted by Covid, so we can't just hire more staff, deliveries are taking 3-5 days typically on in stock items.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Warehouse is behind, business in January has got busier than it was during Black Friday and were still massively restricted by Covid, so we can't just hire more staff, deliveries are taking 3-5 days typically on in stock items.

Thanks Gibbo. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. :)

Soldato
Finally settled on something i'm dead happy with, going to try lower the voltage next, currently running 1.48 dram with everything else on auto.

jJDu8cQ.png

Tried running at 3800/1900 but kept getting errors in memtest and no boots when changing soc voltage but this ended up being faster than what I could get anyway due to tighter timings

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone try yet on timing for Samsung CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 x 2 @ CAS 16-18-18-36 Timings 1.350v on AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G on Asus B550 Gaming Plus board @ 3200MHz as it will not boot up as it stay at 2133Mhz as I did try D.O.C.P enabled to select profile 1 and refuse to boot and the bios get freeze quickly as I have to reset to default setting and this time I turn off D.O.C.P and set manual at 3200MHz and leave all on auto as it boot up successfully with CAS 22-22-23-53 at 1.350v

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Has anyone try yet on timing for Samsung CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 x 2 @ CAS 16-18-18-36 Timings 1.350v on AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G on Asus B550 Gaming Plus board @ 3200MHz as it will not boot up as it stay at 2133Mhz as I did try D.O.C.P enabled to select profile 1 and refuse to boot and the bios get freeze quickly as I have to reset to default setting and this time I turn off D.O.C.P and set manual at 3200MHz and leave all on auto as it boot up successfully with CAS 22-22-23-53 at 1.350v

Wow, that's a meaty sentence! Anyhow, not all Samsung B-die are created equal, and I'm sorry to say yours are not equal to the 8Pack RAM. To start, aim for the default timings at 3200, but up the voltage to 1.4, then report back.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
1.4v (That's a way bit too high as I did try 1.38v no different as I stop it) The Corsair did stated 1.350v are safe, 1.40v could damaged the memory.
If you only want to go as high as 1.38v and it's not hitting label claims, then send it back. Corsair has gained a reputation for being temperamental IMHO... you are certainly not the first to have problems hitting label specs with Corsair DDR4.

Back
Top Bottom