£80 to fill up!

Soldato
I spend the same amount of money as I would if I had a 40L tank but I spend half the time filling up.

Exactly, and if you're that hard off that you can't afford to fill the tank of your fiesta instead of just put £20 in, should you really be driving? Filling up with a tenner at a time only makes sense if you're actually not going to drive any more once you use up the fuel, otherwise you're just conning yourself :confused:

I hate visiting petrol stations. I don't know why, it's just irritating. I wish my car's tank was bigger than 60L.

Permabanned
its quicker too, if you're in a hurry. Not so much an issue if you go to a filling station like Shell where their pumps are pretty good.

That makes no sense...

If you only put half a tank in instead of a full tank... you have to go to the petrol station twice as often!

While the "filling time" may not increase... you have to queue to get to the pumps, queue to pay and take a detour to the petrol station twice as often.

It definitely does not save you time to only put half a tank in instead of a full tank... quite the opposite!

Soldato
Exactly, and if you're that hard off that you can't afford to fill the tank of your fiesta instead of just put £20 in, should you really be driving? Filling up with a tenner at a time only makes sense if you're actually not going to drive any more once you use up the fuel, otherwise you're just conning yourself :confused:

The extra £30 or so may affect peoples weekly lives.
They may be able to afford it but then have to cut back on other things. Filling a full tank of petrol isn't a requirement to owning and running a car

Man of Honour
The extra £30 or so may affect peoples weekly lives.

It isn't £30 not spent though, you still have to spend it :confused:

£20 a week or £80 a month, they are the same thing? Same spend? Just brim it the day after Pay Day or something? Then you dont need to spend £20 every week...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
People are so illogical when it comes to this. My GF was the same until i hammered into her that she really must fill it up every time, as she was spending forever visiting petrol stations putting £20 in. At £1.30+ per litre that hardly buys any fuel!

This is an educated woman with a successful job, so not stupid, just totally illogical until it is explained to her in black and white :/ Men who do this, god help them.

Soldato
You can get marginally better fuel economy as a result of the weight difference of carrying less fuel...

...marginally being the operative word.

I pretty much always brim it. The exceptions were when I was blending petro-diesel and biodiesel (so some partial fill-ups were required) and when I was unemployed but still running a car and a £10 note represented a lot of money...

Soldato
I fill up every time to full, is it all goes through my business anyway but still hurts when I goes all the way up to £115 :(

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19970149 said:
It isn't £30 not spent though, you still have to spend it :confused:

£20 a week or £80 a month, they are the same thing? Same spend? Just brim it the day after Pay Day or something? Then you dont need to spend £20 every week...

I'm saying they might need to spend the £30 on something else.

Soldato
I only part fill my car when I'm in a lazy mood.

But that's to do with 2 things:

1) I now walk to work so don't do too much driving and even £25-£30 will last a couple of weeks; and
2) If I do fill it up I always have to top it and I can spend at least 2-3 mins getting about 5-8 extra litres in there.

Soldato
That makes no sense...

If you only put half a tank in instead of a full tank... you have to go to the petrol station twice as often!

While the "filling time" may not increase... you have to queue to get to the pumps, queue to pay and take a detour to the petrol station twice as often.

It definitely does not save you time to only put half a tank in instead of a full tank... quite the opposite!

well yea, but i'm not always in a hurry am I?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19970822 said:
Imagine you filled it up, you could get 5 weeks out of it!

True. I'm happy at 2 weeks. I am incredibly lazy just to clarify :p

What on earth?

Frothy diesel. I have been amazed how much extra I've been able to get in after the first click sometimes. Just need to fill slower.

Back
Top Bottom