800d Watercooling advice

Associate
I dont even want to continue with my build anymore after seeing this get better and better :p I might just cover up the window on my side panel & never look inside again :p

Associate
OP
Last pics before the old tank gets taken in bits. It's TJ07 time for my trusty old 2600K system.

closein2.jpg

out.jpg

Soldato
Pgreenwo, I just wanted to compliment you on your work - top stuff indeed. I struggled with getting up a WC setup in my very early 800D as the case was dodgy from the start. The body was warped slightly so the side panels don't fit properly, even with a replacement from Corsair. Also struggled to get a twin bay XSPC reservoir bay in there without driling some holes. It was odd but I've sorted these issues out long ago.

I just wanted to ask you though, what SSD mounts are you using there? Don't think I saw you mention them earlier. It is just what I am looking for!

Last edited:
Associate
Inspired me to do a few more mods to mine,
480 in the roof coming up :)

BTW the ONLY thing i dont love about yours is the rear 120,
i think i would have put in at the front.
Other than that awesome looking build.

Associate
OP
Afraid not I sold the case last year. When you remove the original midshelf you drill out 4 rivets. I put M3 bolts through the holes and a nut, then rested the shelf on them.

Associate
Afraid not I sold the case last year. When you remove the original midshelf you drill out 4 rivets. I put M3 bolts through the holes and a nut, then rested the shelf on them.

Ahh thanks for that m8,
for some reason i was expecting a much more complicated solution :D

I found some perspex on ebay fairly cheap that they will cut to size,
where did you get yours from ?

Associate
OP
Ahh thanks for that m8,
for some reason i was expecting a much more complicated solution :D

I found some perspex on ebay fairly cheap that they will cut to size,
where did you get yours from ?

Local firm in stoke on trent - Also google sheetplastics.co.uk they are good had a few bits from them

You will be able to find something near you I would think

Associate
What are these 7V cables you speak of and how loud are the Corsair fans with them? I have the same fans connected to motherboard headers which control the speed, as they're far too loud at max RPM.

Associate
OP
I had some old fan converters to take them down to 7v and reduce RPM. It worked well if I remember correctly. I only have SP120's now that are very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom