800d Watercooling advice

Associate
OP
Ditto this case is a huge inspiration to what I can do with mine...

Im now very tempted to get the corsair fans myself... Only just to be different im thinking of going all white.

Which reminds me.

Can you put some pics up of the case with the LED's on? Im curious how well it is lit and exactly how it gets lit up.

Cheers!

Also love the foam idea!

It's difficult to takre this. the shots on previous page are more like reality but here goes.

121.jpg

Associate
OP
I added a 240 rad in the bottom out of curiosity. The EX120 & EX240 are actually for another machine however I thought I would try a bit of rad over kill to see what/if any the temps would change.

1122.jpg

They didn't drop a huge amount but after 30mins of prime running with OCscan tests here are the results

cpu - 4.9ghz 1.39v

CPU - 57c
gpu 1 - 46c
gpu 2 - 47c

room temp was 26c

Associate
OP
So I was slightly bored this week and decided to mod my case. I ripped all the junk out and added the mesh and perspex panel as a mid plate. Think I'm done with this build now.

IMG_4584.jpg

Associate
I love this pc!! this is pratically what I want to build but x79 version. Will look same in terms of the red black colour theme!!

How much did this cost in total if you dont mind me asking?

Associate
OP
I love this pc!! this is pratically what I want to build but x79 version. Will look same in terms of the red black colour theme!!

How much did this cost in total if you dont mind me asking?

About 3k in total and a hundred quid in paracetamol to help ear bashing from the wife!!

Soldato
How easy was the hot swap box to remove? Have been toying with that idea for a while too.

Also, more pics of this perspex mid plate please, really want to see this :D

Associate
OP
Slightly better shot of the perspex plate. The hot swap removal is fairly straight forward. You have to push and pull sideways as the rubber between the mid plate has 10mm pegs to overcome. If you have the bottom HDD bay out its easy. The mid plate was a case of drilling out the 4 rivets and picking the tabs where the Mobo tray meets the plastic panel. I need to polish the edge of the perspex yet and I want some slots milled in over the 240 rad.

IMG_4561.jpg

Soldato
Question pgreenwo what sort of tool would I need to cut the lower fan grill? Or too remove
The lower shelf as I can't shut the side of my case as the tubing going into the 240 rad and the tubing going from the 240 rad to the res sticks out because it's too thick.
Would I be able to swap out my compression fittings so I could use thinner tubing?
What are you running your fans off ? I went for the lian li fan controller which I'm well pleased with.
Like your new mods :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Question pgreenwo what sort of tool would I need to cut the lower fan grill? Or too remove
The lower shelf as I can't shut the side of my case as the tubing going into the 240 rad and the tubing going from the 240 rad to the res sticks out because it's too thick.
Would I be able to swap out my compression fittings so I could use thinner tubing?
What are you running your fans off ? I went for the lian li fan controller which I'm well pleased with.
Like your new mods :)

Buy a step drill bit 4mm-20mm and you can drill new holes in the mid plate. A dremel too would cut the fan grill out so you could route the tubes through the gap instead.

I have a 4 channel laptron fc6 for the airflow fans. The other fans are sp120 quiet so I run them at 100% through a 6 way fan lead powered from a molex

Back
Top Bottom