• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Pack approved AMD Ryzen [email protected], 1800X performance smashing bundle :-)

Soldato
Can't get my new bundle to boot 8pack, just powers up, dr debug says 'Ad', no video signal, 25 to 30 seconds later, reboots, rinse and repeat. Reseated everything, tried 1 mem stick in each slot, disconnected all USB devices and drives, reapplied grizzly, cleared cmos, removed battery etc, same loop. Psu is a platinum 860, and graphics card a new 1080ti - all working fine this morning in the ye olde z77. I now remember why I stopped messing with this stuff, problems like this just gives me headache and zero enjoyment these days.
CMOS?

Soldato
Can't get my new bundle to boot 8pack, just powers up, dr debug says 'Ad', no video signal, 25 to 30 seconds later, reboots, rinse and repeat. Reseated everything, tried 1 mem stick in each slot, disconnected all USB devices and drives, reapplied grizzly, cleared cmos, removed battery etc, same loop. Psu is a platinum 860, and graphics card a new 1080ti - all working fine this morning in the ye olde z77. I now remember why I stopped messing with this stuff, problems like this just gives me headache and zero enjoyment these days.

Try resetting the CMOS jumper as already mentioned, also have you tried the graphics card in the other PCI-E slot? I assume it's a CH6.

EDIt: Oh also, don't connect anything other than what you need to get the system to POST, so CPU, RAM, Cooler and Gfx, leave out ODD, HDD, SSD, Card readers etc.

Associate
Tried cmos jumper, and removed battery, GPU in 2nd slot, all drives disconnected, same result. It's the Taichi. I even released some pressure on the heat sink after reading some comment on the tinterweb. It's frustratingly cycling successfully through everything on the dr debug but giving me nothing. I'll nick another GPU from work tomorrow,but I can't see how that relates to the constant rebooting, but desperate times lol.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just start the gym train heavy with good form you will improve!!

The bundle I know the mems included work with all the Bios including current. I tested with 5+ kits of mems , two boards and several CPU. ...The guys system cant post at default which given my testing is not normal at all and not seen by any other customer buying the bundle. So maybe the memory sticks are faulty is what I am suggesting. General memory compatibility issues are indeed AMD's fault.

Now continue your training!!

Associate
I've tried each stick separately in each slot 8P, is it possible for both to be fubarred? I cleared cmos between each attempt, and let it reboot a few times each try too, in case it was trying to do some kind of 'learning' , no difference. I'll try with another GPU after work tomorrow to take that out of the equation; unfortunately don't have any other ddr4 to try, so I'll have to see what the support boys recommend beyond that.

OcUK Staff
OP
I've tried each stick separately in each slot 8P, is it possible for both to be fubarred? I cleared cmos between each attempt, and let it reboot a few times each try too, in case it was trying to do some kind of 'learning' , no difference. I'll try with another GPU after work tomorrow to take that out of the equation; unfortunately don't have any other ddr4 to try, so I'll have to see what the support boys recommend beyond that.
Glade trying other DDR4 helped this with bios update.

Associate
Since I spent a couple of days whining that i couldn't get this booted, it's only fair to say, now that I'm running fast, cool, and quiet, that I'm loving it - BF1 with a 1080ti and 8 real cores really makes a difference over my 2500k when playing at 1440p 144hz :D

Back
Top Bottom