8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Yeah I've tried the stick of ram in the other 3 slots and it posts fine. If I add it the second slick into any slot, either on its own or in conjunction with the first stick the system doesn't post.

Just off the phone with OCUK and I'm RMAing the ram, which is excellent service but a shame as I don't have any spare ddr4 around :(

Hi,
Can you tell me if your replacement RAM solved this problem as I am having the same. However, if I try a single stick of RAM in slot A1 I get cpu and DIMM LEDS error, flash alternatively then goes into a reboot cycle. If I put one stick in A2 it boots up ok. If I put the RAM into the slots as per the manual it doesn't POST. I am currently running both RAM chips in B1 and B2 but only get single channel.
If anybody could assist with problem I would be very grateful as I'm at my wits end.
Cheers

Associate
Recently purchased and put this together and runs great, built the PC for my partner.

Let my partner deal with the updating side of things whilst I was at work and she upgraded the BIOS to the latest version 2202.

Now no matter what version i try to install, I get the "This is not a recognised BIOS file" error. I have tried every version and have absolutely zero idea how to remove the BIOS update or to apply the overclocking version.

Have used multiple pen drives, in NTFS and FAT32 format aswell to absolutely no avail.

Could someone please help me overcome this issue? It's driving me mad :(

Thanks

Soldato
Recently purchased and put this together and runs great, built the PC for my partner.

Let my partner deal with the updating side of things whilst I was at work and she upgraded the BIOS to the latest version 2202.

Now no matter what version i try to install, I get the "This is not a recognised BIOS file" error. I have tried every version and have absolutely zero idea how to remove the BIOS update or to apply the overclocking version.

Have used multiple pen drives, in NTFS and FAT32 format aswell to absolutely no avail.

Could someone please help me overcome this issue? It's driving me mad :(

Thanks

My board is different board altogether but i get same problem

I get the same message "selected file is not proper bios" i spoke to Asus who where useless and just told me not all motherboards are Downgradable if it was true or i have no idea of if he has no idea what to do i dont know.
Also i tried Dos and that said the bios was write protected and the Asus rep said we dont recommend using Dos anyway only Ez Flash so why is it they put it in the support downloads for the motherboard then.

Associate
My board is different board altogether but i get same problem

I get the same message "selected file is not proper bios" i spoke to Asus who where useless and just told me not all motherboards are Downgradable if it was true or i have no idea of if he has no idea what to do i dont know.
Also i tried Dos and that said the bios was write protected and the Asus rep said we dont recommend using Dos anyway only Ez Flash so why is it they put it in the support downloads for the motherboard then.

I'm getting the same message, "Selected file is not a proper BIOS". What OS you guys running?

Soldato
I'm getting the same message, "Selected file is not a proper BIOS". What OS you guys running?

Windows 8.1 this has happened on x99 Motherboards as well where they found the bios file was not named correctly have you asked overclokers if they can help if not it might be a case of buying a new bios chip with the Bios you want on it but i would contact overclockers first because of your warranty.

I wouldnt buy Asus again as it seems they dont wish you to downgrade the bios any more

Last edited:
Soldato
A lot of motherboards will only downgrade a version or 2 max now as the ME is also upgraded with the BIOS and often mismatched BIOS and ME can cause problems.

Try reflashing the BIOS with USB Flashback if available if not try a bootable USB key with the Bupdater file on it. Its included with the downloaded BIOS File.

Soldato
A lot of motherboards will only downgrade a version or 2 max now as the ME is also upgraded with the BIOS and often mismatched BIOS and ME can cause problems.

Try reflashing the BIOS with USB Flashback if available if not try a bootable USB key with the Bupdater file on it. Its included with the downloaded BIOS File.

When i try using Dos Paul the bios says write protected so no hope for me to change mine.

Soldato
What Motherboard is it? I might be able to sort it for ya. What dos command did you use?

Asus H110i-plus D3

Tried different commands but this is one of them Afudos first.cap/p/b/n but as soon as you press return comes up with bios is write protected i have ordered a programmer from Hong kong but how long it will take or if it will even arrive is anyones quess with the bay.

Soldato
Best thing I can think of is to contact Asus support (Have fun) and explain the problem and ask them to send you a pre programed BIOS Chip for your board with the 0605 BIOS or earlier. Or just RMA the motherboard.

Soldato
Best thing I can think of is to contact Asus support (Have fun) and explain the problem and ask them to send you a pre programed BIOS Chip for your board with the 0605 BIOS or earlier. Or just RMA the motherboard.

Already have there useless and they told me they dont do bios chips

Associate

The question I have is will OC allow a return of a motherboard? Afterall the OP that discusses the overclocking states nothing about upgrading to a new BIOS which would cause issues with this, so I can see why it may cause an issue.

If they did that'd be great, id simply ask for a swap of the motherboard so that i would have a chance to get the "- Guaranteed CPU overclock of 4.40GHz".

Hopefully I can get an answer post-haste to put this issue to bed but would be good if the OP was changed to clearly state not to update to another BIOS for us non-oc savvy users.

Thanks

- Ryan

Associate
The question I have is will OC allow a return of a motherboard? Afterall the OP that discusses the overclocking states nothing about upgrading to a new BIOS which would cause issues with this, so I can see why it may cause an issue.

If they did that'd be great, id simply ask for a swap of the motherboard so that i would have a chance to get the "- Guaranteed CPU overclock of 4.40GHz".

Hopefully I can get an answer post-haste to put this issue to bed but would be good if the OP was changed to clearly state not to update to another BIOS for us non-oc savvy users.

Thanks

- Ryan
Hear hear Ryan,
There seems to be a distinct lack support here. I would have expected a reply from 8 pack whether it be to say we are thickos or whatever but no input is very frustrating.

Soldato
doesnt it state on the website that the Overclockers can only guarantee the overclock on the bios that comes with the board??

just got this from the bundle page

**Please Note**
Updating the CPU microcode via BIOS update or software may effect the overclocking of this bundle. So once installed CPU microcode on provided BIOS should remain the same. We can only guarantee the overclock on the the CPU microcode which is provided when you receive the bundle.

Last edited:
Soldato

Thanks

- Ryan

The OC is guaranteed for 4.4 but you have to use the specific bios as it's the only one that actually allows for this unlock.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...is-shutting-down-ocing-on-non-k-skylake-cpus/

the bios can be acquired from http://overclocking.guide/intel-skylake-non-k-overclocking-bios-list/

If you have any other issues please use the customer service section of the forum and speak directly with our support staff.

Hear hear Ryan,
There seems to be a distinct lack support here. I would have expected a reply from 8 pack whether it be to say we are thickos or whatever but no input is very frustrating.

As above it's not possible for 8pack or our staff to monitor every thread in the news and other sections of the forum.

If you have an issue and would like a response from OcUK staff please use the Customer service section where you will get a response with in 24 hrs. (Usually same day but out of hours posts will be picked up the following morning)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I try to check this stuff fairly regularly and reply but cant always.

You can force a Bios flashback from DOS and as such then use the OC Bios no issue.

The bundle just needs anyone to follow the instructions.

We sold several per day since I made it available this is the first I have heard of with this issue. Why anyone would flash at all as soon as they get any system is beyond me. A flashed Bios is not an upgrade, many on this forum refer to it as upgrading the Bios its not. These components have been tested to work together on the shipping Bios and the OC Bios only. Plus with all the latest hardware so compatibility is pre- tested. The new CPU micro code is not the greatest to say the least neither are the memory tables.

Test with shipped Bios on stock first and install OS. Then flash OC Bios, load profile I provided as CMO or follow screen shots F10 enter done!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I try to check this stuff fairly regularly and reply but cant always.

You can force a Bios flashback from DOS and as such then use the OC Bios no issue.

The bundle just needs anyone to follow the instructions.

We sold several per day since I made it available this is the first I have heard of with this issue. Why anyone would flash at all as soon as they get any system is beyond me. A flashed Bios is not an upgrade, many on this forum refer to it as upgrading the Bios its not. These components have been tested to work together on the shipping Bios and the OC Bios only. Plus with all the latest hardware so compatibility is pre- tested. The new CPU micro code is not the greatest to say the least neither are the memory tables.

Test with shipped Bios on stock first and install OS. Then flash OC Bios, load profile I provided as CMO or follow screen shots F10 enter done!!!

So what commands do you use in Dos 8pack or do you have a guide ? Because every time i try it says Bios is write protected on my Asus board H110i board.

Back
Top Bottom