8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Same issue here, bought the bundle. Can't install 0050 from the boot menu itself.

I can install it via Dos, but then Win10 won't boot, and Win10 USB setup won't boot either.

So the "guaranteed" overclock is impossible to do. Will try it one last time tomorrow then I'll get onto support to RMA the processor for an i7 or K something.

OcUK Staff
OP
Install Windows first.

Flash bios to 0050

Then apply OC. If Win 10 is not booting its Turbo Performance you need to set.

Make sure pen drive your flashing with is smaller than 32gb and formatted to FAT file system also when trying to update the Bios.

Associate
Ok - well I finally appear to have it running overclocked. It took many restarts of the system, and I had to reinstall Windows again as the 0050 bios couldn't see any of the drives. If you're going to attempt this, I strongly advise that you have another machine nearby so you can download different bios versions (as updating from the bios itself won't work) if you have issues.

I've had a few times it's dropped out on me, but seems to be more stable now.

I would suggest you update the OP with the download links for the 0050 bios, and the command prompt instructions to flash it as that took me a little while to find, several attempts to get right, and is a worrying procedure when you're concerned you might brick the new mobo.

But anyway, running again at the moment - will load test and see how it does.

Associate
Hello, I'm supper new here I'm trying to set up this bundle as youre showing in all the steps but after I press F10+OK it's just switching of the PC switching it on again but nothing more is happening even the screen is staying all black with no action at all, so im restarting the pc again and after I press Del again to enter the Bios there is an message that overclocking is failed and its comming back to the setting before. Thanks for help ;)

Associate
HELP PLEASE !!!!

Hello, I'm supper new here I'm trying to set up this bundle as youre showing in all the steps but after I press F10+OK it's just switching of the PC switching it on again but nothing more is happening even the screen is staying all black with no action at all, so im restarting the pc again and after I press Del again to enter the Bios there is an message that overclocking is failed and its comming back to the setting before. Thanks for help ;)

As My earlier message was ignored I'm writing again.
I've tried the second way to overclock this bundle ( Flashing to 0050 BIOS)
but i couldn't do nothing because when I'm trying to flash it there is message saying that "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" which i don't understand as Ive downloaded the file from the links from this topic.
Could someone finally reply to me with any solution PLEASE ????????

Associate
Hey mate is there any chance you could explain me how you've achieve to overclock this bundle im trying for really long and still nothing , as I'm beginner in overclocking I'll be super glad if you could explain me step by step how to do it as 8Pack stuff aparently ignoring me. Thanks

Associate
Ok - well I finally appear to have it running overclocked. It took many restarts of the system, and I had to reinstall Windows again as the 0050 bios couldn't see any of the drives. If you're going to attempt this, I strongly advise that you have another machine nearby so you can download different bios versions (as updating from the bios itself won't work) if you have issues.

I've had a few times it's dropped out on me, but seems to be more stable now.

I would suggest you update the OP with the download links for the 0050 bios, and the command prompt instructions to flash it as that took me a little while to find, several attempts to get right, and is a worrying procedure when you're concerned you might brick the new mobo.

But anyway, running again at the moment - will load test and see how it does.
Hey mate is there any chance you could explain me how you've achieve to overclock this bundle im trying for really long and still nothing , as I'm beginner in overclocking I'll be super glad if you could explain me step by step how to do it as 8Pack stuff aparently ignoring me. Thanks

OcUK Staff
OP
but i couldn't do nothing because when I'm trying to flash it there is message saying that "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" which i don't understand as Ive downloaded the file from the links from this topic.

Use a fat formatted pen drive of 8gb or below. I updated OP with correct Bios.

Yes it supports 10 series cards of course.

Soldato

If you set the usb drive up right and still no good, you will need to flash it with the method linked below.

http://overclocking.guide/flash-back-older-bios-asus-z170/

Last edited:
Associate
hopefully will have my hands on this bundle tomorrow :D can't wait to put it together and move on from the E6750/MSI neo2 combo i've be running for around 7+ years lol

Associate
Hi All

Help please. I got the bundle working with win 10 and stock bios.
Now flashed the bios but the pc doesn't recognise my M.2 device anymore,
So windows can't boot. I put the bios settings in from the screenshots.
Can anyone think why my M.2 isn't being seen any more by the bios?

Cheers, Gib

Associate
Help Cannot get my overclock stable

Spent many an hour with this bundle trying to get the cpu to stably overclock to 4.4ghz and after tweaking the cpu volatage i just cannot get it to stay stable above 3.5ghz ngl this is still a great improvment but i would like to get much more and hopefully hit the 4.4ghz mark but i just cannot get ti to stay stable any advive would be greatly apreciated!

Back
Top Bottom