8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
so when i follow the OC and apply the OC profile the PC will power up but the screen will not come on. I put the base bios back on and it works perfect. Im not sure why the overclock is not working. It could be Windows 10 as its a fresh install.

One thing ive noticed and it really strange. In the BIOS there is a extra setting in the CPU core/cach voltage.

under CPU system agent voltage there is CPU Graphic voltage mode. this is not on the pic that 8pack put up on the first page.

8pack can you help me out? I'm lost as to what todo next.

Last edited:
Associate
I just phoned Overclockers and they told me to ask 8pack on how to fix the issue. problem is guys this OC is not working at all! I have tried everything possible. Ive not even got 12 months out of it yet. also i just got a 1070 8G card two days ago from overclockers.

Last edited:
Associate
This Motherboard can not OC none k chips anymore.

RustyRoj
January 20, 2017 at 2:47 am
Well Asus emailed me back. Confirmation we can’t flashback out Z170-AR boards despite the box, manual, website. RMA hell it is then.

“Hello Roger,

Good Day!

Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused

For your query, we are sorry but you cannot downgrade BIOS on your motherboard Z170-AR. Thank you for your understanding

In this case, it seems that you try all troubleshooting you can. We are so sorry but we need to do some tests directly on your product to find out the root cause. As per checking, your product is still in-warranty. Therefore, we highly recommend that you please contact your retailer for further test and RMA (Return Material Authorization) service.

Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for this inconvenience that caused”

Here is the error you will get when trying with to flash true windows.

error 368 failed to disable write protection for the bios space

Associate
I just got a new mobo from OC yesterday mate. All new mobo come loaded with the new code already in. You can't put older bios on the mobo because it wont load. You can't flash it with windows too.

OcUK Staff
OP
I sent you the link on Friday on how to do this.

I am supporting a lot of new products right now. Other customers have had zero issues with that guide. Give me chance to test it.

Of course everything can always be done. FTP flash if need be.

Associate
I followed the guide to the letter. I even got a mate who works in technology to do it on my pc to the same result. That's why I posted the error on Friday. U said give me till Monday. It will take u five minutes to get the same result. Also that link you posted. Read the comments they all have the same error with not one person getting to OC. Usb flashing won't work as the bios will not load it giving you a error please load bios file. I stated all this In the post before. So if the OC don't work then let me know because it's been three weeks now and I want to get this sorted.

Last edited:
Associate
see this from ASUS.
RustyRoj
January 20, 2017 at 2:47 am
Well Asus emailed me back. Confirmation we can’t flashback out Z170-AR boards despite the box, manual, website. RMA hell it is then.

“Hello Roger,

Good Day!

Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused

For your query, we are sorry but you cannot downgrade BIOS on your motherboard Z170-AR. Thank you for your understanding

In this case, it seems that you try all troubleshooting you can. We are so sorry but we need to do some tests directly on your product to find out the root cause. As per checking, your product is still in-warranty. Therefore, we highly recommend that you please contact your retailer for further test and RMA (Return Material Authorization) service.

Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for this inconvenience that caused”

Associate
Morning Gents, a little assistance please.

I've added an additional 8GB ram today, same as the 8 on there, Kingston Fury Black ordered from OC. Turning on, I'm stable in the bios but Windows is crashing "memory management".

Is there something I'm supposed to do in the Bios to stop this, or something I've missed? Bios is displaying all the RAM rnning at 2667

Associate
OK 2 years on running this bundle I'm now failing miserably.... Computer constantly powers off when trying to play games. I have changed everything that's physically possible in the pc apart the mobo and cpu.. Still no fix. Un told amounts of reinstalls and new hard drives ect. Still no fix.... Revert the bios back to default ect. Still no fix... This has just fried something over clocking something for that long that was never initially designed to do so... :( very upset

Associate
OK 2 years on running this bundle I'm now failing miserably.... Computer constantly powers off when trying to play games. I have changed everything that's physically possible in the pc apart the mobo and cpu.. Still no fix. Un told amounts of reinstalls and new hard drives ect. Still no fix.... Revert the bios back to default ect. Still no fix... This has just fried something over clocking something for that long that was never initially designed to do so... :( very upset

hi m8y what dose it do wen it powers off?

bsod? or just shut down.

have u checked it thermal.

to be fare do you not get 3 years warranty with 8pack bundle. if ur issues isn't cpu getting to hot you should fone ocuk, there team should help tbh

Last edited:
Associate
Hey matey

So as soon as I boot a game up or sometimes during playing it just instant power off like literally. Then restarts itself.

i have tried various attempts to fix the problem but have failed to do so, some of my attempts

- Reinstall windows 10
- Reinstall windows 10 onto a new hard drive
- Swap out my Graphics Card
- Change the PSU
- Change the Ram and the slots used
- Disabling the Overclock on the CPU
- Updating the Asus Bios Automatically via the bios
- Unplugging all hardware

I did not know you get a 3 year Warrenty so that's pretty handy I'm just stuck as I can not play anything. I contacted overclockers and they just told me to contact 8pack.:/

Back
Top Bottom