• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9700k vs 9900k Gaming

Associate
From the reviews if you have an 8 series chip I wouldn't bother but if you have something earlier the 9600k seems to be the better option or even the 8700k from a price performance aspect.

Or if you wan't a cheap alternative to Central Heating then the 9900K is for you for the all year round toasty feeling. Given the reviews I'm actually happy I cancelled my preorder for the 9900k.

Soldato
Some reviews

Running at 98'c at STOCK clocks is just not a good idea (although others videos show lower temps!) and the prices still make the 2700X the best "price vs performance" CPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From the reviews if you have an 8 series chip I wouldn't bother but if you have something earlier the 9600k seems to be the better option or even the 8700k from a price performance aspect.

Or if you wan't a cheap alternative to Central Heating then the 9900K is for you for the all year round toasty feeling. Given the reviews I'm actually happy I cancelled my preorder for the 9900k.
I cancelled mine too. bit gutted to have no shiny coming but good things come to those who wait.

Associate
The 9900k is a winter cpu for sure. Just fire up the pc, grab a cup of something warm and dark and put your feet up infront of the heatsink.

Ahhh bliss.

Soldato

I think you'll find the 8700k and 8086k are the best gaming CPU's from Intel now, given the price to performance to cooling required lol... if your gaming 1440p or above and arent chasing max fps then might as well just get a 2700x and be done with it too.

Soldato
Jeez, what's going on?! First Nvidia now Intel... has there EVER been a worse time to buy new hardware (mining GPU craze aside)??! Perhaps the most pointless GPU and CPU releases in the history of mainstream computing.

Caporegime
why is that ? you have a 9700 and 9900k which in most games are 20 to 30 fps up on anything amd.yet no point in having them? these forums man comedy gold. i tell you what this is the gods honest truth if amd dropped a cpu as fast today on here its would be like jesus has just been reborn. forget brand the cpus are good fast.faster than the best gaming chip about. dont blame gouging cause of stock. look at the actual product. dont be one of those lame finger pointers. sitting on a 5 year old cpu who will never buy anything new or sit on a subpar ryzen cpu saying pffft...

Soldato
And the comedy keeps on giving...

I am still waiting on the 50fps difference in Horizon 4.. Keep on testing but my lazy ass 8700k just won't pull away from my 1800x..

Soldato
why is that ? you have a 9700 and 9900k which in most games are 20 to 30 fps up on anything amd.yet no point in having them? these forums man comedy gold. i tell you what this is the gods honest truth if amd dropped a cpu as fast today on here its would be like jesus has just been reborn. forget brand the cpus are good fast.faster than the best gaming chip about. dont blame gouging cause of stock. look at the actual product. dont be one of those lame finger pointers. sitting on a 5 year old cpu who will never buy anything new or sit on a subpar ryzen cpu saying pffft...

What are you, 12 years old? How about you learn how to construct a sentence properly. Again, you're ignoring APPALLING value for those pitiful extra frames, stupid high temps, crap overclocking (we're "enthusisasts" remember) and marginal improvement over 8700K (if you ignore AMD which you seem intent on doing for reasons that make no sense). And that's looking at the product as you say. Reviews are unanimous... don't buy this unless you have more money than sense and have no regard for value. I guess that's you.

Caporegime
most of the gaming community are gaming at 1080. okay...heres a idea lets make a cpu for gaming which suits 1080p is the fastest.

Soldato
most of the gaming community are gaming at 1080. okay...heres a idea lets make a cpu for gaming which suits 1080p is the fastest.

You are utterly deluded if you think the people buying this are gaming at 1080p. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone.

Caporegime
Primary Display Resolution for 2018 is 1080. survey complete it is 1080. most people use for gaming a intel cpu. survey done. so intel give you the fastest gaming cpu for the most popular platform. people have no idea what they talking about. they give you what you need for the masses.the masses use it.

Soldato
Primary Display Resolution for 2018 is 1080. survey complete it is 1080. most people use for gaming a intel cpu. survey done. so intel give you the fastest gaming cpu for the most popular platform. people have no idea what they talking about. they give you what you need for the masses.the masses use it.

You are misguided, foolish and wrong. If you HONESTLY think 1080p gamers are buying £600 CPUs... WOW! Seriously, just go away. You're embarassing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom