• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9700k vs 9900k Gaming

Soldato
OP
Primary Display Resolution for 2018 is 1080. survey complete it is 1080. most people use for gaming a intel cpu. survey done. so intel give you the fastest gaming cpu for the most popular platform. people have no idea what they talking about. they give you what you need for the masses.the masses use it.
You are just being silly.

Primary resolution 1080p Yes. (overall)
Primary CPU? Certainly NOT 9900/8700/2700

Those that have top tier CPUs are not gaming at 1080p.
Steam survey has 60% of people on quad core CPUs and 30% of people on dual cores.

Soldato
Yeah slight problem with the whole "Most of the gaming community game at 1080p... blah blah blah"... The 8700k exists.. and has existed for quite some time.

Again still trying for 50fps difference in Horizon 4.... Maybe if I run my 8700k @ 5ghz and 800x600.... No I think my 1080ti would up and leave at that point.

Caporegime
not being silly the resolution the majority of gamers use is 1080. the cpus that are new are the fastest 1080 resolution gaming cpus. what is the problem ? they are designed to be the fastest they are the fastest at what they supposed to do. the masses will buy them intel are the main gaming cpu people use. its not hard to understand.intel know their market.they design the cpus to do exactly what they market them for. yet people just dont understand this.

Caporegime
Yeah slight problem with the whole "Most of the gaming community game at 1080p... blah blah blah"... The 8700k exists.. and has existed for quite some time.

Again still trying for 50fps difference in Horizon 4.... Maybe if I run my 8700k @ 5ghz and 800x600.... No I think my 1080ti would up and leave at that point.

the 8700k does exist its just become the older gen. surpassed. whats the problem ? no one has said its a bad cpu its just slower than these. technology moves on. its replacement the 9700k is a better cpu. i dont get the problem.

Soldato
not being silly the resolution the majority of gamers use is 1080. the cpus that are new are the fastest 1080 resolution gaming cpus. what is the problem ? they are designed to be the fastest they are the fastest at what they supposed to do. the masses will buy them intel are the main gaming cpu people use. its not hard to understand.intel know their market.they design the cpus to do exactly what they market them for. yet people just dont understand this.

What you're doing is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la-la-la-la-la!". Your lack of ability to understand a very obvious fact is quite worrying. 1080p may be the dominant resolution overall, and the 9900K may indeed be the fastest gaming CPU at that resolution (no one is disputing that), but the VAST MAJORITY of people at the resolution ARE NOT going to be buying £600 CPUs, especially when the value is so dreadful!! Seriously, what is it about this that you apparently find impossible to understand??

Soldato
Yeah so I attempted 800x600 and my 1080ti has now taken the car and left.

Sorry guys, can't offer up a 50fps difference in Horizon 4. You will have to settle for 5fps instead. Sorry :(

Soldato
OP
What you're doing is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la-la-la-la-la!". Your lack of ability to understand a very obvious fact is quite worrying. 1080p may be the dominant resolution overall, and the 9900K may indeed be the fastest gaming CPU at that resolution (no one is disputing that), but the VAST MAJORITY of people at the resolution ARE NOT going to be buying £600 CPUs, especially when the value is so dreadful!! Seriously, what is it about this that you apparently find impossible to understand??
It doesn't suit his point. He gets it. Just refuses to acknowledge it.

Caporegime
no what you dont seem to understand is..first of all the 9900k isnt 600. it is at people who have stock. so thats your first slip up like many others.you gauging performance to £ based on a figure that isnt the intel set price. its the retailers gouged price. it doesnt matter about your majoirty idea. the cpus will sell.most gamers play at 1080. so many new and enthusiasts will buy them.you dont buy a 8700k when you can have a 9700k. its just how it is. dont get your knickers in a twist about it. the cpus will sell. they are the fastest at what they do for now. until the next intel gaming cpu comes and takes its place.

Soldato
no what you dont seem to understand is..first of all the 9900k isnt 600. it is at people who have stock. so thats your first slip up like many others.you gauging performance to £ based on a figure that isnt the intel set price. its the retailers gouged price. it doesnt matter about your majoirty idea. the cpus will sell.most gamers play at 1080. so many new and enthusiasts will buy them.you dont buy a 8700k when you can have a 9700k. its just how it is. dont get your knickers in a twist about it. the cpus will sell. they are the fastest at what they do for now. until the next intel gaming cpu comes and takes its place.

Where is it much cheaper? It's not. Even if it can be had for slightly less, the value is still DREADFUL... again, not something you seem to think anyone gaming at 1080p cares about, which is just a ridiculous thing to say.

Caporegime
we cant mention the real price. you know that but it is quite a bit cheaper than people have it in stock.value isnt dreadful if you want the fastest cpu for gaming at the most played at resolution. why people cant understand that ?

Caporegime
we cant mention the real price. you know that but it is quite a bit cheaper than people have it in stock.value isnt dreadful if you want the fastest cpu for gaming at the most played at resolution. why people cant understand that ?

It may have escaped your notice, but you're on a site called overclockers, and plenty of people on here have monitors that are 4x that of the "most played resolution". Most people on here don't give a monkeys about 1080p, why can't you understand that?

Associate

Yeah but the price is the price what your paying for it, just because Intel say you can get it for this much but no actual "consumer" can get it for that price means it's vastly overpriced for what it does. and yes you can have a 8700k over a 9700k because that's what I did, for the extra what 2% ish you get an extra 60 quid isn't worth it because in real world playing game it means nothing.
If the 9900k was selling for it's RRP which is what £380 (which it isn't literally anywhere) I'd turn round and say great chip at that price and bought one. At £5-600 all I can say is... more fool the people that bought one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It may have escaped your notice, but you're on a site called overclockers, and plenty of people on here have monitors that are 4x that of the "most played resolution". Most people on here don't give a monkeys about 1080p, why can't you understand that?

it hasnt escaped my notice. all i noiticed is people dont understand what intel have done. they have made the fastest gaming cpu . now everyone not comfortable with the gouged price are stating there is no point in the cpu. so to break it down i have stated why intel have made this cpu. to cater for gamers who want the best experience. it is the fastest gaming cpu. doesnt matter if less than one percent of ocuk users are on higher than 1080 res. when the masses play at 1080. dont look at your own use then declare it useless. look at the actual product who its catered for. gamers ! it gives the best fps in gaming.

the simple question is and dont try and move goal posts to answer the simple question is the 9700k and 9900k the best gaming cpu at the moment at 1080 ?

if you cant answer that with a simple yes or no. you have no idea. the simple answer is the 9700k and 9900k are the best gaming cpus available as of today.

Associate
it hasnt escaped my notice. all i noiticed is people dont understand what intel have done. they have made the fastest gaming cpu . now everyone not comfortable with the gouged price are stating there is no point in the cpu. so to break it down i have stated why intel have made this cpu. to cater for gamers who want the best experience. it is the fastest gaming cpu. doesnt matter if less than one percent of ocuk users are on higher than 1080 res. when the masses play at 1080. dont look at your own use then declare it useless. look at the actual product who its catered for. gamers ! it gives the best fps in gaming.

the simple question is and dont try and move goal posts to answer the simple question is the 9700k and 9900k the best gaming cpu at the moment at 1080 ?

if you cant answer that with a simple yes or no. you have no idea. the simple answer is the 9700k and 9900k are the best gaming cpus available as of today.

They have the fastest gaming processors and if it is judged just on speed then yes you are correct but if you factor in other considerations then no they aren't the "best" for probably 90% of people. Splitting hairs but I was buying one had it pre-ordered then just thought it's it really what I need or want and decided no it wasn't I factored in other things so it wasn't the best processor for me.

Caporegime

If you want to have your pants pulled down over the price, have a fire extinguisher stationed next to your pc and game at 1080p, then yes they are.

So i assume your pants are down, cpu is ordered and amazon are delivering the fire extinguisher today at some point?

Soldato

I beg to differ, I was having awesome fun last night with a Ryzen 2200G and Vega 8 trying to get it to run everything I wanted at 1080p. Was the most fun I've had in ages overclocking, and quite a challenge on a Mini-ITX board using the stock cooler. So to you sir I say :p :p :p 1080p for the win, on the £80 APU.

Soldato

My god you're infuriating! No one has ever disputed or argued that they are fastest at 1080p. That is NOT the point. The point is that hardly anyone at 1080p is going to buy them. You are referencing surveys where 1080p is indicated to be the most common resolution... that is correct. Yet you seem to be ignoring the fact that those same surveys indicate that the same majority are using Nvidia 1060 GPUs and at CPU frequencies of 3.3-3.7GHz!! Those people are NOT going to be buying 9700K/9900K CPUs!!! If you can't recognise and understand that then it is quite clearly YOU who has no idea.

Caporegime
My god you're infuriating! No one has ever disputed or argued that they are fastest at 1080p. That is NOT the point. The point is that hardly anyone at 1080p is going to buy them. You are referencing surveys where 1080p is indicated to be the most common resolution... that is correct. Yet you seem to be ignoring the fact that those same surveys indicate that the same majority are using Nvidia 1060 GPUs and at CPU frequencies of 3.3-3.7GHz!! Those people are NOT going to be buying 9700K/9900K CPUs!!! If you can't recognise and understand that then it is quite clearly YOU who has no idea.

He lives in his own little bubble to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom