• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not worth it.

You can't, not only has he and you gone completely off topic by attacking individuals, again. It's also fabricated nonsense.

To make that accusation you shouldn't need to search for it, you would need to know the facts first. you don't, because he made it up.

"oh but i remember" just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
You can't, not only has he and you gone completely off topic by attacking individuals, again. It's also fabricated nonsense.

I do remember *someone* saying that line, and you're one of the AMD hardcore, so it's not a stretch.

If I found it, it wouldn't give me any satisfaction.
No doubt you'd just derp about it anywhere.

EDIT : The more realistic thing is you know exactly what he's talking about, and you'll probably edit it out.

Last edited:
No, but at the same time Anand are being very honest in what they say.

That is a fair summary from Anand. However, let's be clear... people have spent their hard earned cash on this product - something which they may not have done had this information been out there in the public domain months after the product launch.

This whole episode from Nvidia is unacceptable. And that is coming from someone who currently owns 3 Nvidia cards (970 is 1).

In all this time Ten Thousand Nvidia Employees also apparently didn't spot the mistake in their marketing. not even the engineers who apparently told marketing that it had 56 ROP's that somehow got interpreted as 64 ROP's.

Last edited:
970s have been out ages why has this only just come to light?

To be honest I did around 10 or 15 benchmarks on different AAA titles, most of which didn't have "good enough" SLI support or we all just blamed the massive resolution and crappy game ports.

Also something to add is that the card doesn't like going over 3.6GB it's very very difficult to force it in most games so you can spot the issue.

Last edited:
What's all the fuss about with the 970, people still bought the 480gtx when it was released broken.
Essentially the 580 was the 480 but fixed, you never saw people demanding free upgrades or refunds.

The 970 is a good card if you're pushing graphical settings too high, turn thrm down.

Well i sold my 970 because i got rid of my gaming rig
But if at the time of purchase it was listed as "3.5gb + 512mb cache etc"
I would not of bought it, would have got the cheaper 780 and be happy with 3gb!

Think nvidia have done a number on everyone who bought one.
If your happy with the 970 still then fair enough, but what about all those who bought one on the '4gb'?!!!

What's all the fuss about with the 970, people still bought the 480gtx when it was released broken.
Essentially the 580 was the 480 but fixed, you never saw people demanding free upgrades or refunds.

The 970 is a good card if you're pushing graphical settings too high, turn thrm down.

maybe they dont feel like bending over this time?
they bored of that position!
and lol @ just turn them down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom