• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does 60fps @ 4k in COD:AW

not a slideshow??

The FPS doesn't matter if you get texture swapping and stuttering because the GPU is trying to renew the textures but can't due to a limited bandwith.
You can still get 60FPS and have severe texture stuttering... that isn't a problem. Just see those GTX 780Ti 3GB vs GTX Titan 6GB video's same FPS, but helluva lot in difference in smoothness.

The FPS doesn't matter if you get texture swapping and stuttering because the GPU is trying to renew the textures but can't due to a limited bandwith.
You can still get 60FPS and have severe texture stuttering... that isn't a problem. Just see those GTX 780Ti 3GB vs GTX Titan 6GB video's same FPS, but helluva lot in difference in smoothness.

That's something people don't realise is a real issue at 3.5GB+ usage for the GTX970. Im talking about a good overhead from 4GB not 4096mb VRAM bottleneck.

some games already DO play at 30 and you don't really notice it - RTS for example.

and quit the ad hominem attacks - `grow up`? since I was correct I expect an apology

I don't play games at 30 fps. What part of that didn't you understand? And as for your fangirls comment, you aimed that at anyone defending nVidia and didn't mean any girl who is a fan of nVidia. You are welcome to 30 fps as I said though.

Thought this more apt as a forum is non speaking..

AMD's new meeting schedule...

f0327-02.gif

If okcuk wont refund a faulty product i asume we can get trading standards and the credit card company involved. The cards were EITHER missold or are faulty... both are situations where a full refund is expected to the end customer.

Personally i am going to contact my credit card company and inform them that the trader will not accept back a faulty product and see what they say. Nvidia have admitted that the cards were not "as advertised" but are trying to use creative terms to make out it doesnt matter.... sorry lads UK law doesnt work that way.

I'm more interested at people that bought a 970 to play on a 4k monitor, I need some cheering up.

Well, I bought them to game at 3440x1440, but ended up gaming on 4K instead.

And, honestly, they probably could have been fine for 4K on a two or three card setup.

Hell, I thought stuttering problems were driver related, and was patiently waiting for a fix.

Thats not likely to happen though, is it?

These cards "should" be fine for 4K, though not with High AA or uber type textures obviously, but people now have to reduce settings more than they should due to the memory config.

So are you guys now all saying these are mid-range cards or something? I thought people were touting them as Nvidias high end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom