• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 months later, then the 7970 was faster.
It was the higher spec card, but without drivers your card is nothing. It's the full package, was a nice boost in performance when 12.11 dropped though.

Last edited:
Well...duhh?
The 7970 is a faster card, lol. It wasn't however, for the first 10 months of its life.

Hmm, so you want to argue timeframes??? In this window it was slower, but the next timeframe it was faster?

Let me hide my quad 290x results so that my 7970 quad scores show back on the leaderboards. It is always more hilarious seeing 3 year old cards listed in with titans , 780tis, 290x, 980s.

What are peoples opinions on all the vendors that must have known this too. They are saying they won't be honouring any returns but surely they are almost as guilty as Nvidia in that they must know about the issues, spec being wrong in reviews etc.

What are peoples opinions on all the vendors that must have known this too. They are saying they won't be honouring any returns but surely they are almost as guilty as Nvidia in that they must know about the issues, spec being wrong in reviews etc.

You're assuming they were never lied to, i highly doubt any etailer let along *all* of them would put something up for sale knowingly with the wrong description.

Well Dying Light is causing me stuttering and major lag on my twin G1 Gaming 970 set up when I hit the 3.5gb vram mark. I'm playing on a Rog Swift at 2560x1440, Nvidia optimal settings. After reading this thread I borrowed my friends 980, quick format and basic reinstall of Win 8.1, steam etc and the problem in Dying Light has gone. Put my 970's back in and the problem is back. Always at the 3.5 mark. I haven't tried Watchdogs, BF4 and some of the other titles that people have had trouble with although I do have them all in my library. Feeling a bit miffed

I doubt they are complicit in the fraud. This was hidden by Nv and their motley crew of friendly reviewers.

Here is my GTX970 sitting on the desktop with nothing but GPUz open:

gtx970a.gif

Here it is with the Battle.net chat/game client loaded and the OCUK forum in a web browser in the background (results are ~ the same if you use steam instead of Bnet):

gtx970.gif

Shock as a non issue blown out of all proportion turns out to be a non issue blown out of all proportion :rolleyes:

Well Dying Light is causing me stuttering and major lag on my twin G1 Gaming 970 set up when I hit the 3.5gb vram mark. I'm playing on a Rog Swift at 2560x1440, Nvidia optimal settings. After reading this thread I borrowed my friends 980, quick format and basic reinstall of Win 8.1, steam etc and the problem in Dying Light has gone. Put my 970's back in and the problem is back. Always at the 3.5 mark. I haven't tried Watchdogs, BF4 and some of the other titles that people have had trouble with although I do have them all in my library. Feeling a bit miffed

Same problem here on 1xGTX970 @4K will be downloading the SLI profile now from Geforce Experience to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom