• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the merits of this issue, cut Gibbo some slack Mal X! We all know he's a top guy and has consistently come out to support us users (hello 970 reference with reduced coil whine).

yes ok, it's time to go out now, we'll wait and see what happens

AMD need to get the 380X out really fast, we need to see this in the next 2 weeks.......

or, drop the price of that MSI 290X 8gb just a wee bit further...but i doubt it because it's already pretty cheap

Yes, and all 4GB can be addressed. Just because it's not in a specific (read - ideal) way does not change the fact that it is a 4GB VRAM card.

Unless the card was advertised with 4GB of VRAM that COULD be used in a specific way.

The facts remain the same - The card is as advertised/described, at least on OcUK. Not seen other e-tailors product pages so wont comment.

It's advertised as a 256bit card with 4GB of Vram..

It can NEVER access ALL 4GB of the Vram @ 256bit.

IT IS 100% lying..

It sucks because we’re really proud of this thing. The GTX970 is an amazing card and I genuinely believe it’s the best card for the money that you can buy. We’re working on a driver update that will tune what’s allocated where in memory to further improve performance.
Having said that, I understand that this whole experience might have turned you off to the card. If you don’t want the card anymore you should return it and get a refund or exchange. If you have any problems getting that done, let me know and I’ll do my best to help.
–Peter

soooooo? returns are being accepted by NVidia?:confused:

Just for clarification also. It can access both memory modules at the same time, but not at the advertised bus speed and also not simultaneously read/write. One module has to be reading while the other has to be writing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that basically halves the bus speed no?

Last edited:
Nvidia have known about this issue since day dot, if there was a quick fix driver - it would have already been implemented.

Is it making you angry they may be able to fix it? which games are causing you the most trouble or would you prefer a refund(which I can understand if they don't fix it)

Improved =/ fixed.

They can improve it all they like with drivers, its flawed and I would put money on it never working as well as it could have had they just given us 4gb of vram without any stupid performance decreasing rubbish.

If you guys are angry about this, did you know that the Mega Drive wasn't actually 16bit although it said so on the console in big letters?

It had a 16bit CPU like the Super Nintendo but it's GPU was only 9bit (64 on screen colours) as opposed to the Super Nintendo's 15bit GPU (256 onscreen colours).

I think SEGA owe us all refunds! XD

If you guys are angry about this, did you know that the Mega Drive wasn't actually 16bit although it said so on the console in big letters?

It had a 16bit CPU like the Super Nintendo but it's GPU was only 9bit (64 on screen colours) as opposed to the Super Nintendo's 15bit GPU (256 onscreen colours).

I think SEGA owe us all refunds! XD

but there was no internet then

internet makes us awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom