• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to be so damn patronising. Surely you can appreciate that in business, mistakes happen. They shouldn't, but they do. And sure, they need to see what they can do to fix the matter. You think companies get places by doing things that aren't always in their own best interests.

I know how business works. I was sold a 24 pin extension cable that was wired up incorrectly and it fried five pins on my PSU master plug. I made the mistake of sending it back and losing the evidence, they puckered up like a duck's backside and basically said "sue our insurance".

Business is business. No one gives a crap about their customers, it's all about the money.

When things go wrong they will wriggle and weasel until they find the cheapest solution.

Nvidia don't care about you.

Oh and this is no mistake. It was a deliberate design choice to cut back the ROPS to save money.

It was then falsely advertised and sold to people under false pretences.

Last edited:
the 980 is no good either....... it only has 4GB RAM... i would be very careful here, because i reckon the 4GB limit will be reached late this year
I doubt the situation of 980 hitting 4GB limit will have as much problem as the 970 hitting 3.5GB+ do, as the 970's issue seem to be that even the bandwidth of the main 3.5GB memory will be dragged down when the 512MB memory are used/accessed. 980 should still have the full bandwidth even when hitting 4GB.

I just don't see how they could be honest about this from the get go without making the marketing too difficult and thus restricting a lot of sales.

Whilst what nvidia have done is wrong I get sick of people expecting compensation in this country for every little thing. Claim culture Britain.

Surely the card is still doing everything you want it to otherwise you would have changed, sold or returned it before this came about?

Nobody can prove it tbh. Only they know whether they intentionally withheld that information knowing it could potentially impact sales.

If I could go back I would have kept my 980 and held on for the next wave of cards.

Whilst what nvidia have done is wrong I get sick of people expecting compensation in this country for every little thing. Claim culture Britain.

Surely the card is still doing everything you want it to otherwise you would have changed, sold or returned it before this came about?

Its the principle.

I doubt the situation of 980 hitting 4GB limit will have as much problem as the 970 hitting 3.5GB+ do, as the 970's issue seem to be that even the bandwidth of the main 3.5GB memory will be dragged down when the 512MB memory are used/accessed. 980 should still have the full bandwidth even when hitting 4GB.

yes of course, all i'm trying to say is that time is running out for 4GB and it's come quickly too

I'm not even that bothered as my card will be long gone before I go 4k but it is possible to buy something, not expecting to use it to the edge of it's performance straight away.

Was tempted to get a 290X 8GB for now and box my 2 x G1's up and see if anything will come of all this. Trouble is I also bought a Rog Swift to compliment my 970's and the posts on the Rog forums point out that the Swift does not play nicely with AMD cards :-(

Was tempted to get a 290X 8GB for now and box my 2 x G1's up and see if anything will come of all this. Touble is I also bought a Rog Swift to compliment my 970's and the posts on the Rog forums point out that the Swift does not play nicely with AMD cards :-(

Get a pair of second hand 780s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom